New to me Lumix

Billbo57

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi
I recently bought a Lumix FZ18 online, as I would like to get back to photography now that I have retired, having dabbled in the dim and distant past. My question is what lenses can I add? Someone suggested I should fit a 'spacer' and try a Canon lens, as they are a bit less expensive, and how can I tell if there is a spacer already fitted ?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• PXL_20240217_123835819.jpg
    PXL_20240217_123835819.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Are you a pro? If not, I wouldn't give this much though and if aftermarket was what I could afford, that's what I'd get! My most used lens on my DSLR is a Tamron 18-200! You couldn't prove to me that a Nikon lens would do better, then I'm not a pro either. Of course I do have a couple Nikon lenses but at the end of the day I can look at the photo's from aftermarket lenses and Nikon's and I can't tell which is which. Not putting Nikon down saying that as I am a Nikon fan but, the aftermarket people make some nice one's made to work on pretty much all the different camera's.

Are you a pro? If not, I wouldn't give this much though and if aftermarket was what I could afford, that's what I'd get! My most used lens on my DSLR is a Tamron 18-200! You couldn't prove to me that a Nikon lens would do better, then I'm not a pro either. Of course I do have a couple Nikon lenses but at the end of the day I can look at the photo's from aftermarket lenses and Nikon's and I can't tell which is which. Not putting Nikon down saying that as I am a Nikon fan but, the aftermarket people make some nice one's made to work on pretty much all the different camera's.
No, definitely not a pro Don. Thanks for the advice, aftermarket sounds like a good idea.
Stay safe.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back