Brand New

GrammyC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I am new to the forum scene. However, after viewing several conversations, I am hopeful that I may learn from others experiences and knowledge with photography. I have always enjoyed taking photos. It is not my plan to become a professional, but I would love to be a more knowledgeable hobby photographer. I have actually taken three of my grandchildren's senior pictures. I also have lots, and I mean lots, of photos of them playing sports. In addition to photos of my grandchildren, I always take photos of landscapes and activities while we are on vacation or weekend get-aways.

Since I am new, I could use some pointers on how to exactly use this site--i.e. difference between threads and conversations and how to post each.

Thanks to all in advance for your ideas, suggestions, and feedback. I look forward to learning about photography.

Hi, I am new to the forum scene. However, after viewing several conversations, I am hopeful that I may learn from others experiences and knowledge with photography. I have always enjoyed taking photos. It is not my plan to become a professional, but I would love to be a more knowledgeable hobby photographer. I have actually taken three of my grandchildren's senior pictures. I also have lots, and I mean lots, of photos of them playing sports. In addition to photos of my grandchildren, I always take photos of landscapes and activities while we are on vacation or weekend get-aways.

Since I am new, I could use some pointers on how to exactly use this site--i.e. difference between threads and conversations and how to post each.

Thanks to all in advance for your ideas, suggestions, and feedback. I look forward to learning about photography.

Hi and welcome, hope you enjoy it here. If you upload straight from you PC/Laptop then just resize the longest to 1200. What I do when looking for uploading, if I have a landscape image then share it in that and so on.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you'll share some of your work with us! You will definitely help improve your hobby here. Enjoy it!

Hello and welcome!

If you look at the list of forums you will see how they are categorized by general topic. When posting, select the forum most appropriate for your thread. Create a new thread any time you wish to show a photograph or ask a question, for instance.

The conversations (the envelope) are intended to be private, although you can check the box for others to see it. I have done that when I asked a question of a moderator about a certain private message (called "PM"). You start a PM by clicking on the person's screen name which leads you to another page to create the conversation.

To post a photo, I first resize to no larger than 1200 pixels on the longest side then simply "drag-n-drop" into my post. Check "full size".

When reading threads, pay attention to the date posted, as some threads and posts within the threads are out of date, and the original poster (OP) is not likely to even read your post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back