Hello from Northern California

denum

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings my fellow photography enthusiasts! I am new here so please allow me to introduce myself. I am 62 yrs old, live in northern California (SF Bay Area), love the great outdoors, and have been getting back into photography after first being introduced to it in highschool. I bought a drone a couple years ago and was absolutely stunned by the quality of images it put out. So, that is what has piqued my interest in photography recently, and boy what a difference 40 years makes! I have invested in some new camera kit - Sony a6600, a few lenses, filters and such.

I am looking forward to involving myself with some of the photo contests you all have so I'll get to posting some images once in a while.

Thanks for having me,
Denum

Welcome and enjoy the forum. Northern California is a beautiful place for landscapes, seascapes, nature and wildlife. I look forward to seeing some of your photos.

Hello and welcome. Post sooner than later:encouragement:

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Tommorow I am going to a water fall to try my luck with using ND filters to enhance that silky smooth running water affect we all love so much. I post my results soon.

Lots of good places to photograph in California. Only problem is they are in California, I don't ever go there ant more!

Greetings my fellow photography enthusiasts! I am new here so please allow me to introduce myself. I am 62 yrs old, live in northern California (SF Bay Area), love the great outdoors, and have been getting back into photography after first being introduced to it in highschool. I bought a drone a couple years ago and was absolutely stunned by the quality of images it put out. So, that is what has piqued my interest in photography recently, and boy what a difference 40 years makes! I have invested in some new camera kit - Sony a6600, a few lenses, filters and such.

I am looking forward to involving myself with some of the photo contests you all have so I'll get to posting some images once in a while.

Thanks for having me,
Denum
Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome, I’m in southern Maine 2 blocks from the ocean. Went out yesterday to pop a few shots of the water and rocks. Uncovered some wild coloration once I lightened up the shadows. As I was shooting into the sun. I didn’t alter the color for the photo. Looks almost unreal. I don’t use photo shop or other software. Just contrast, and a few other standard stuff. Take a look, tell me what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpeg
    IMG_0035.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
Welcome, I’m in southern Maine 2 blocks from the ocean. Went out yesterday to pop a few shots of the water and rocks. Uncovered some wild coloration once I lightened up the shadows. As I was shooting into the sun. I didn’t alter the color for the photo. Looks almost unreal. I don’t use photo shop or other software. Just contrast, and a few other standard stuff. Take a look, tell me what you think.
Nice shot indeed. I like the sun beams shining down from the clouds...too bad they are not a bit more pronounced. Not alot of contrasting colors or shadows, maybe if the picture were taken in early morning, or late afternnon/evening it would have helped, perhaps to add some color to the sky. Of course I am merely a novice so who am I to advise 😀. Keep on posting, we look forward to seeing more.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back