Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
here's brandy and trent outdoors.

2387800761_d79f53f7b7.jpg

2. this is pre-plug in
2388629746_01b7644b46.jpg

3. post plug-in which one?????
2388629576_88aa6c7f2f.jpg

4. Is it Fall? Nope, this was done about 2 weeks ago - snow melted revealing leaves that had not been raked away in the fall. Near mint condition too!
2388629406_388ae6f2dc.jpg

2388629208_f312f20c7e.jpg

6. Here's the controversial pose - b&g love it, mom loves it, some think it's risque
2388629038_55d45ee925.jpg

enjoy!
two color

All of these look too orange on my monitor.
1.) Like the idea. But, I think it would have been better if they were looking at each other. Also, is she laying backwards down a hill? I would have had her lay the other way. The background looks uneven too.
2.) This is my favorite pose of the bunch. But, did she wear her eyeliner like that? Or did you add it in digitally? It looks really really weird. If she put it on that way, I guess that's not your fault and I suppose she likes it that way and wouldn't touch it. But, if it were for my portfolio, I might add in the eyeliner where it's supposed to go lol
Also, HATE that plug in. It's so foggy and just makes it look like some sort of weird mess up. Especially since it's so orange.
4.) I think eye contact at the camera would have made for a better picture in this one.
5.) Another pose I like, but watch the background. It's kind of busy in this one. You chopped off her elbow too.
6.) I get what you were trying to do in this one, but it looks really akward and a little contrived to me. I think getting in closer might have helped because showing their legs takes away from the intimacy of this pose. I think they both should close their eyes in this one too. Also, that background isn't helping.

I hope I didn't come across as too harsh!

I appreciate your critique. I agree totally on the busy backgrounds. Our location A on this one was a mountain stream setting, location B was a man made waterfall park - problem was that it snowed a few days before these photos were taken. The road to the stream was closed due to snow, and the owners of the waterfall park turned off all the waterfalls to keep them from freezing. From there I suggested a snowy mountain setting. Bride didn't like. So, since the snow had melted in the valley, we chose location D.

I do not touch make up in PP (unless maybe her mascara is running, or she has lipstick on her teeth). Who has time to do that? If the bride likes the way she does her makeup, and I take it and change it in PP, what am I telling the bride about her makeup?????

So on picture one you think I should have had them looking at each other, yet on the fourth picture you think they should have looked at the camera? What determines why one picture looks good with eyes directed at the camera yet another one looks good with eyes on each other?

My feelings on photo four, are that I caught an intimate moment. I don't think I would enjoy it as much if they were looking at me?

two color

I liked the B&W ones better. I'm really in no position to critique your work, but I don't see how photo #6 could be considered controversial. Perhaps it could be due to our cultural upbringings in our respective societies, I don't know. I just don't see it.

In #1, I just think that her pose of lying all the way on the ground would mean they would look better looking at each other. Just makes more sense to my eye. If she had been propped up on her elbow in front of him then I think having them both looking at you would have made looked nicer.
In #4, I would have just liked to see their eyes because of the angle. Their necks look a bit uncomfy at the angle they're at. (And, I'm sure it was fine, they just look uncomfy looking at each other like that).
And as far as the make up goes, all I was saying was that if I wanted that picture for my portfolio I would fix the eyeliner. (Just my own taste). I wouldn't fix it for the client since she did it that way and obviously likes it like that. And, if I was worried about offending her, I wouldn't show her what I did to it:)

Most reactions

Back