break fast

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
out of the blue today, i felt like eating cereal (we usually have eggs, sausage, etc.) ... so i ran to the store, various brands for the pickings ... and i see my old favorite Peanut Butter Captin Crunch :D .. do u know the cost of cereal nowadays, $4.30 a box :shock:

so when u were a kid, or for big kids like me :oops: ... what was/is your favorite cereal brand?

my parents didn't usually let us get the "fun" cereals. we always had cheerios, rice krispies, bran flakes, raisin bran, shredded wheat... that sort of stuff. i like it all, but on the rare ocassion that we were allowed to get something else, i usually went for the cocoa puffs. my one complaint about them though is that they always tore up the roof of my mouth.

With out a slight doubt

HONEYCOMBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dry with an ice cold Coca-Cola while reading a good book.

WolfePak

Ah yes, Cocoa Puff are notorious for mouth skinning and other unpleasant mouth ailments. However in my search for a chocolate cereal that would be mouth freindly i discovered Cocoa Pebbles! Much smaller then the Puffs, they get soggie faster (if you like that) and they leave a higher quality chocolate milk after your done.... MM MMM Yummy Cocoa Pebbles, actually i am enjoying a bowl right now :D

Wheaties, Breakfast of Champions. Advertised on the radio, Jack Armstrong, the All-American Boy. Oh Oh, I forgot, this is before most of your parents were even a gleam in their daddy's eye.

tsck ... :oops: ... it got a little too sweet :eek:

Honey nut cheerios for me. For those days that I just couldn't.......errr ..... go :oops: Raisin Bran....

Regular oatmeal or apple cinnamon flavored for hot cereals.

Oh BTW, I eat them ANY time of day. Do you?

whatsafrog2do

...when i was eating cereal on a regular basis ... sure ... anytime of the day is good

*its 1am in the morning and i'm about ready to stalk those Capt. Crunch ... if the milk is not rancid :no smile: *

I too, was rarely allowed to have the "sugar cereals" when I was younger. My fav when I was younger was fruity pebbles and lucky charms. And Carlita, I know exactly what you're talking about with the tearing of the roof of your mouth! The cereal is sooo good that you pay the price of having a sore mouth for a little while, and then do it again the next day.

So what's wrong with the all-American breakfast of black coffee and a cigarette?

mrsid99 said:
So what's wrong with the all-American breakfast of black coffee and a cigarette?
Nothing wrong with that at all. That is usually my breakfast.

MrSid, long time no see. Glad to see you back.

well, before i consider eating breakfast, i have to have 2 smokes :lol: .. no coffee for me, but a soda will do :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back