Breakfast Omelette!

123rfanna

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just love sharing pictures of what I make, here's a tomato and cheese omelette shot. Maybe I could have done better on composition? Or maybe I should have omitted the coffee at the back? What do you guys think?

Camera: 5D Mark II
Shutter speed: 1/80sec
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO: 125

$24926680_m.jpg

A few thoughts, purely from a photographic point of view: The whites are hot, verging on blown in a few areas I think, and the image appears to lean down to the left. Composition-wise, I think the coffee is a useful component, but I would prefer to see the whole breakfast plate with some of the coffee-cup visible in one of the corners. I also don't think that the blue in the background corners helps. That said, the food looks great!

A few thoughts,... The whites are hot, ...I think the coffee is a useful component, but I would prefer to see the whole breakfast plate with some of the coffee-cup visible in one of the corners. ...The food looks great!

You just sound hungry to me :lmao:

Nice picture rfanna, but I agree with john.. It seems forcefully cropped from the sides, the entire plate and not chopping off the coffee cup may help. But I'm not a food photographer, just speaking from common sense :)

I think the toast should also be in focus but good picture.

I'm not sure about the tilt but I like everything else...

Don't do the whole plate ;)

A few thoughts, purely from a photographic point of view: The whites are hot, verging on blown in a few areas I think, and the image appears to lean down to the left. Composition-wise, I think the coffee is a useful component, but I would prefer to see the whole breakfast plate with some of the coffee-cup visible in one of the corners. I also don't think that the blue in the background corners helps. That said, the food looks great!

So the whole breakfast plate would be a better idea? You're right, I hardly noticed the blue background. Should have just taken it on a plain table and setting. Thanks for the feedback!

A few thoughts,... The whites are hot, ...I think the coffee is a useful component, but I would prefer to see the whole breakfast plate with some of the coffee-cup visible in one of the corners. ...The food looks great!

You just sound hungry to me :lmao:

Nice picture rfanna, but I agree with john.. It seems forcefully cropped from the sides, the entire plate and not chopping off the coffee cup may help. But I'm not a food photographer, just speaking from common sense :)

Haha, you're right Raj! I should leave more space at the top for the coffee, but then again it would have highlighted the blue background at the back as John pointed out..hmm, will have to play around with angles next time round!

Most reactions

Back