Breaking in my new D80

WV350Z

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone my name is Jim and from Charleston,West Virginia I have always been intrigued by photography and what you can do.I just purchased a Nikon D80 with a 18-135MM lense and a 70-300MM Nikkor Lenses.

I am big into automotives and my 350Z...Due to bad weather I've yet to do a photoshoot with my ride im waiting til Monday for the big Labor Day car show.But here is some wildlife that comes to visit me nightly...These guys are regulars...they feel just like pets to me.The 1 will come to you wanting hand fed marshmellows rub against you and will let you pet it.
I know im crazy for trusting them,but I could die from worse?

But te'll me what ya think!

DSC_0275.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

^^was only up 40 seconds or so with the 2 deer pictures.

Then old pictures with my Sony Cybershoot 8.1Megapizel.

DSC06473.jpg

DSC06347.jpg

DSC06295.jpg

DSC06284.jpg

DSC06315.jpg

boo nissan(NISMO is sweet), honda is a joke (S2K is sweet), mazda is also a joke(RX7 is sweet)

Nice little group of cars you got there man!

I think you need to level your images, and that feeding racoons is a very, very bad idea.

I like that very last pic of the car in your first post. Neat! Aside from that one you could use some additional tuning on your methods, but there's way too many images to comment on here.

On the racoons... seriously... they're wicked cute until they hotwire your car and make off with your family.

Racoons are EXTREMELY smart, essentially fearless and QUITE dangerous. You really need to stay the hell away from them. I actually choked when I read that you were in physical contact with the buggers.

They are AMAZINGLY cool animals. STAY AWAY. :lol:

I think you need to level your images, and that feeding racoons is a very, very bad idea.

Uh yea! Everything I have read is that they get into your house without an invite and destroy everything! When we camp we have to hoist ALL food and trash up that isn't in our tents because of these guys and bears. I used to think they were sweet and cute until I had to run from one that decided our food was his and he was NOT invited! And many carry rabies...

We'll my dad and his family grew up in that kind of life.They use to have coons as pets for a little while.We are big into wild life and hunting,We have deer,fox,raccoon,possums,rabbits,a beaver in the creek.So I see unique wildlife all around everyday.
Only concern with the coons were afraid that may hurt one of our 5 cats,but there all inside at night time anyways when they come.

The Honda car pictures didn't turn out to great,the lighting did the car no justice so I didnt post any other pictures.

THe eclipse,what can I say?Its different..not my style..but has alot of effort and time on the vehicle.

We'll I thought i would post a couple more...images have not been tamperd with.

DSC_0416.jpg

DSC_0415.jpg

DSC_0399.jpg

DSC_0291-1.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

photos of firework were around 300 yards away..No flash..closed flash..last picture shadows kept taking away from the vehicle.I need a bigger flash.

The RX-8 would have to be the sickest ride there
Im between the D40 and the D80

Most reactions

Back