"BreastStroke" | Beavertail State Park

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Second shot I'll post today, also from my adventure at Beavertail. I was fascinated by the shapes and forms the crashing water made, so I attempted to move out of my comfort zone and try a different type of landscape shot. Thoughts?

_RSP6319-Edit by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

I think if you want to focus on the shapes within the crashy part, crop more closely. If you want the shape of the entire thing, crop more widely. As it is, there's not enough detail that is easily discernible within the white water, but it's also cut off at the bottom so we don't get to see it as a "whole." Might need a bit of a contrast boost (or highlight recovery? Level adjustment? Whatever tool it is) as well. You're losing some detail in the really white parts of the water. I'm usually not one to push the idea that we must see every last detail, but when that loss of detail means losing the point of the picture (the shapes being made by the crashing water), then yeah, we need more detail :)

I think if you want to focus on the shapes within the crashy part, crop more closely. If you want the shape of the entire thing, crop more widely. As it is, there's not enough detail that is easily discernible within the white water, but it's also cut off at the bottom so we don't get to see it as a "whole." Might need a bit of a contrast boost (or highlight recovery? Level adjustment? Whatever tool it is) as well. You're losing some detail in the really white parts of the water. I'm usually not one to push the idea that we must see every last detail, but when that loss of detail means losing the point of the picture (the shapes being made by the crashing water), then yeah, we need more detail :)

Makes sense. I struggled getting close here (because of the erratic huge waves). Good advice that I'll keep in mind next time I'm trying this.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep I agree about the crop

Hmm... from a post title with the words, "Beast" and "Beaver", I'm a little disappointed!

Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to belabor the crop thing, I would like to see more at the bottom. Have

Most reactions

Back