Briana & Eleanor

dcbear78

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.crewonephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had this idea for this shoot since meeting the guy who owns the car. A few hiccups along the way and delays with some bad weather along with model postponement. But finally got around to it this weekend.

Not completely smooth sailing for us though. The battery pack I use to power my strobes had accidently not charged for me overnight so only got an hours worth of charge put in, which didn't last long enough. Had to resort to speed lights and reflectors after that.

I was aiming at a kind of cinematic series of photos. My only problem is I never really wrapped it up with a conclusion.... Oh well.

CC always welcome. Posing is something I struggle with and working on. I'm aware that these are not great so tips to improve this in the future particularly appreciated.

Briana & Eleanor
by Crew One Photography, on Flickr

Briana & Eleanor

Briana & Eleanor

Briana & Eleanor

Briana & Eleanor

Briana & Eleanor

Briana & Eleanor

Briana & Eleanor

Briana & Eleanor

Last edited:
A very nice set. In #4 I find the stray hairs above her head distracting and if it were my shot I'd clone them out.
Otherwise nothing negative leaps out at me. Pretty model, great car, nice processing.
I like the use of the skid marks in 5 & 6 and also the way the different orientation in the same 2 makes them look like completely different shots. :)

A very nice set. In #4 I find the stray hairs above her head distracting and if it were my shot I'd clone them out.
Otherwise nothing negative leaps out at me. Pretty model, great car, nice processing.
I like the use of the skid marks in 5 & 6 and also the way the different orientation in the same 2 makes them look like completely different shots. :)

Thanks! Excellent point and I have now fixed that (and the image in the original post).

The most glaring thing I see that needs looked at is the partial side portrait. With her 'Streisand' nose you should never use profile. In the more face front shots the nose is not a factor.

The #1 shot looks to much like a badly exposed snapshot ...to me anyway. I think at least some detail needs to be in the face.

I agree nice set.

I also agree about #2 along with her left eye looking...freaky.

I had this idea for this shoot since meeting the guy who owns the car. A few hiccups along the way and delays with some bad weather along with model postponement. But finally got around to it this weekend.

Not completely smooth sailing for us though. The battery pack I use to power my strobes had accidently not charged for me overnight so only got an hours worth of charge put in, which didn't last long enough. Had to resort to speed lights and reflectors after that.

I was aiming at a kind of cinematic series of photos. My only problem is I never really wrapped it up with a conclusion.... Oh well.

CC always welcome. Posing is something I struggle with and working on. I'm aware that these are not great so tips to improve this in the future particularly appreciated.

Briana & Eleanor

Briana & Eleanor

Briana & Eleanor

Briana & Eleanor

Briana & Eleanor

Briana & Eleanor

Briana & Eleanor

Briana & Eleanor

Briana & Eleanor
Lots of good possibilities here. Let me offer my advice:

#1: I actually like this a lot and think it has great potential. I think the door to the viewer's left is distracting (I'd clone it out). I think the idea of an angle if fine, adds a bit of edginess to the shot but it still comes off as too tilted to the viewer's left.

#2: This is the weakest of the shots in my mind--the side profile with her nose does her no favors.

#3: Lovely shot and angle of the car, terrible backdrop. Put it out on top of a parking garage or even an open lot or an empty road.

#4: Not bad of car and model. I'd like her hair more if it's loose. It appears like it's slightly uneven--I'd adjust by using the bottom of the car (which will also give you more of a diagonal line with the overpass).

#5: Lovely shot of the car with a good gritty background. Clone out the parking block that is getting the light reflection (so it stands out) on the left margin--it's distracting.

#6: Great shot of model and car. I find the smokestacks distracting (they weren't in #5 but adding vertical competition...ie: the model...complicates this in my mind).

#7: It's nice but not great. I don't like the collar above her shoulders (implies a bad fit). She's looking straight at the camera (as a general rule, faces are more interesting when they are not straight-on, even just a 2-5 degree angle would be better).

#8: great shot of car, mostly great shot of model. But the jacket--bah! It chops her flowing vertical lines in half and it needs to be cinched in the back so it's more form-fitting. But her pose and expression is fine, the car looks lovely.

#9: Great shot of the model, good expression, lovely work.

Again, as a general rule, I'd like these better if the model wasn't looking directly at the camera but the face is at a modest angle.

I agree nice set.

I also agree about #2 along with her left eye looking...freaky.

That was the first thing I noticed.

It is a nice set, #7 is my favorite! :)

Most reactions

Back