What's new

Bridge at dusk. Lake Geneva, WI C&C

darkpbstar

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
273
Reaction score
0
ok I was having some problems brightening up these images, and I'm not shooting in RAW yet, which I know is better for Post processing, but I only have a 1G card right now. So here is my attempt with these. C&C please. There is a little glare, because my UV filter was smudged a little.

DSC_0002-3.jpg


DSC_0003-3-1.jpg


DSC_0005.jpg
 
C&C per req:
1. The main issue here is one of composition. The handrail which goes from bottom right to mid left leads the eye right out of the picture, without ever seeing the rest of it. Always try and use linear elements to guide the eye toward the centre of the picture.
2. Generally, the rule of thirds will improve composition. In this case having the main subject running across the middle of the image detracts from the image. I would suggest a recrop so that if is closer to the lower third.
3. Better composition; in this case the bridge and walk take the eye into the photography, although ideally they shouldn't go much past the halw-way point.
All pictures seem a little soft and under-exposed.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom