What's new

My first impressions of my NX200

Tartness909411

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 6, 2025
Messages
130
Reaction score
156
Location
Devizes, Wiltshire, England
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I took out my NX200 for the first time today and paired it with my 18-55mm to see how it performed. It was a very bright and sunny day, so bright that my first problem was not being able to see the screen most of the time, so I was guessing my compositions most of the time. Another problem that quickly reared it's head was the Samsung mode dial fault, the same that I had with my NX30. In A mode, the rear screen was jumping to all different modes but when i switched to P mode and back to A then quickly press OK, it seemed to work. I had set the camera for RAW+jpeg and set the output to Classic B/W but even that failed during the glitches, as some of my jpegs came out in colour. I processed mostly the B/W jpegs and only a few RAW because the jpegs were very good. I think in bright sunlight, I will have to use my NX10 because it has an EVF but I am not giving up on the NX200, I will pair it with my 16mm f2.4 or my 30mm f2 when it arrives and see how it goes. It's a lovely build and has some great features and is so small and compact, so I will persevere with it :)Well I took out my NX200 for the first time today and paired it with my 18-55mm to see how it performed. It was a very bright and sunny day, so bright that my first problem was not being able to see the screen most of the time, so I was guessing my compositions most of the time. Another problem that quickly reared it's head was the Samsung mode dial fault, the same that I had with my NX30. In A mode, the rear screen was jumping to all different modes but when i switched to P mode and back to A then quickly press OK, it seemed to work. I had set the camera for RAW+jpeg and set the output to Classic B/W but even that failed during the glitches, as some of my jpegs came out in colour. I processed mostly the B/W jpegs and only a few RAW because the jpegs were very good. I think in bright sunlight, I will have to use my NX10 because it has an EVF but I am not giving up on the NX200, I will pair it with my 16mm f2.4 or my 30mm f2 when it arrives and see how it goes. It's a lovely build and has some great features and is so small and compact, so I will persevere with it :)
FramedSAM_0046-Catkins-Crofton-Marlborough-Wiltshire.webp
FramedSAM_0041-OldSignPost-Crofton-Marlborough-Wiltshire.webp
FramedSAM_0030-1-Boat-K&ACanal-Crofton-Marlborough-Wiltshire.webp
FramedSAM_0019-Flora-K&ACanal-Crofton-Marlborough-Wiltshire.webp
FramedSAM_0053-Treescape-Crofton-Marlborough-Wiltshire-BW.webp
FramedSAM_0052-Ruth-Treescape-Crofton-Marlborough-Wiltshire-BW.webp
FramedSAM_0049-RailwayFurniture-Crofton-Marlborough-Wiltshire-BW.webp
FramedSAM_0048-RailwayFurniture-Crofton-Marlborough-Wiltshire-BW.webp
FramedSAM_0044-RailwayTracks-Crofton-Marlborough-Wiltshire-BW.webp
FramedSAM_0043-Gateway-Crofton-Marlborough-Wiltshire-BW.webp
FramedSAM_0036-RailwayLines-K&ACanal-Crofton-Marlborough-Wiltshire-BW.webp
FramedSAM_0033-Ruth-K&ACanal-Crofton-Marlborough-Wiltshire-BW.webp
FramedSAM_0028-CanalBoat-K&ACanal-Crofton-Marlborough-Wiltshire-BW.webp
FramedSAM_0026-Railings-K&ACanal-Crofton-Marlborough-Wiltshire-BW.webp
FramedSAM_0024-WiltonWater-K&ACanal-Crofton-Marlborough-Wiltshire-BW.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom