Bridge at Golden Hour

pm63

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken recently, this is my local canal at early golden hour (London, England). Click to enlarge:

Any crits and comments appreciated.

Nice light you had! Agree with jdjd about the pipe, but all in all... this makes me wish I could make one of my holiday dreams come true one day, i.e. to cruise the English canals with one of those long flat canal boats (you know the type).

I like the composition and light, unfortunately the pipe is rather distracting.

Thanks. I didn't find it that distracting and personally like the fact that the light strikes the underside, but there's no doubt that it would look better if it wasn't there.

Nice light you had! Agree with jdjd about the pipe, but all in all... this makes me wish I could make one of my holiday dreams come true one day, i.e. to cruise the English canals with one of those long flat canal boats (you know the type).

That's the second time you've said that in response to one of my photos taken on this canal ;) Not to undercut you, but although certain parts of the canal look good (like here), the vast majority of canals are dirty and industrial, with factories and derelict buildings lining them. They did, after all, play a key part transporting goods in the British industrial revolution. I only like it because it played a key part of my childhood, and the atmosphere of the place is beautiful to me (you know how photographers can see beauty in what the majority see to be mundane).

I'm planning to shoot a series at some point based on the canal, so you might be seeing much more of it.

On a first look you dont see the pipes. But if you look more carefully there they are. Unfortunately the pipes dont fit so well with the general idea of the picture.

Nevertheless great light in the photo. Overall I like it

Most reactions

Back