Bridge in the distance // Clouds over the pier

These are both really nicely done. Tone and details and composition and exposure. Nitpicks/comments:

1) I am really not digging the big plasticy modern bank sign, though. It sticks out like a sore ugly thumb amidst the rest of the first photo which is all older brick and steel and such.
2) The top photo is a little fishy / barrel distorted. I would try to correct for this a bit more. And then when that's done, skewing the image perspective a bit to make the left and right sides straight lines parallel to the image edges.
3) I suggest cloning out the rocks in the lower left of the second image.

After de-distortions (obviously one would normally recrop, but this shows the distortion by edges, and also looks kinda nifty by itself =P)

$A.jpg
Dunno if I actually like it better straight, actually. The fishiness is okay, sort of. It's just subtle enough though that it doesn't look clearly intentional. Kind of split either way, between slight drama, and a strong aversion to slightly slanty bricks.

What is the small black dot just above the bridge on the left? I find it very distracting. Otherwise, both photos outstanding.

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

UFO perhaps. I find the profound haloes the most distracting element of the top photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back