Bridge in the woods.

bwarn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went for a walk by a small lake near us and thought I would work on composition. This bridge seemed easy enough. What do you think, anything I could've changed or done differently. I am posting one in color and the other B&W. $Bridge .jpg$Bridge at Doe Run_edited-1.jpg

Kinda nice, the contrast in the B+W makes it a bit more interesting. The colour version I'm a bit lost in a sea of green that takes up a bit much of the frame for the bridge to hold much interest. There adifferent ny shadows which make it look a bit flat too. The location looks pretty good though most of it is middle ground, landscapes often benifit from having foreground, middle ground and distance in them.

I do see a path and that may be an oppertunity to include some nice leading lines possibly by moving further back, shooting wider or including more foreground by shooting portrait orientation. Possibly a different angle and a different time of day to get some nice directional light.

Those are my thoughts.

Thanks weepete. I might go back tomorrow to try some different pics. I am trying to get and practice more. Wearing my camera.

Just the bridge is not very interesting, and a lot of it is obscured by trees, so if it was the main subject then it doesn't have much going for it.

When you go back, be sure to take a girl with you to model on the bridge.

Most reactions

Back