Brighton Pier - No PS

sam_justice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.samueljustice.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Popped a trip to Brighton Pier tonight when it was late so it was pretty dead, got some pics. C&C please, these haven't been altered in PS at all aside from size and a quick auto sharp filter. I'm thinking of going B&W for a lot of them.
Also, is there any way at all to get rid of the horrible light silhouette around the lights? If I stop down it's underexposed, and at a good exposure it leaves these marks.

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

Also, is there any way at all to get rid of the horrible light silhouette around the lights?

Hey if you're editing the RAW turn up Clarity to 80-100 range. I don't have accurate or technical rationale behind it, but if i've got an edge of a radiating body in a photo and I get an effect similar to the one in #1 I turn the clarity up in the RAW and it lessens it.

Also, is there any way at all to get rid of the horrible light silhouette around the lights?

Hey if you're editing the RAW turn up Clarity to 80-100 range. I don't have accurate or technical rationale behind it, but if i've got an edge of a radiating body in a photo and I get an effect similar to the one in #1 I turn the clarity up in the RAW and it lessens it.

Thanks for that, I don't think the lens I mainly used is very good for night photography (Nikon 1.8D 50mm) as I was working out my exposure by taking some test shots I got this effect from one photo! (Baring in mind this is when I realised I still had the UV filter attached and swiftly removed it)

DSC_0003.jpg

Thanks for that, I don't think the lens I mainly used is very good for night photography (Nikon 1.8D 50mm)...

There are characteristics inherent to a lens that makes it more or less suitable for nighttime photography? If you mean low light I would say that can be compensated by proper exposure.. and a tripod.

In my opinion the initial flaw that produced the halo around the lights was due to improper exposure not the lens, but I could be wrong. I just suggested something thats mitigated the flaw in Post and has worked for me in the past.

Edit: interesting reflection due to the UV filter :)

I don't do CC on others shot's so won't start now, I will tell you the halos are due to underexposure, but only a stop or two so we're nearly there, I do like the shots but then again I'm a sucker for night photography. H

Most reactions

Back