Brighton Royal Pavilion

Fujidave

Blue eyed and Beautiful
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is one of only a once in a blue moon shot from me, the Brighton Royal Pavilion from the back gardens. Not a great shot, but it is to show why I NEVER go to far back to take the shot as you can clearly see the horrible block of flats in the background that ruins a chance of a great shot. At the moment it`s not worth trying from the front, as they have put up an ice rink for the kids for over Christams.

DSCF2511.jpg

Nice shot Dave, Yes those flats are in the wrong place lol, Brings back great memories as Brighton was where i proposed to my wife many moons ago.

Nice shot Dave, Yes those flats are in the wrong place lol, Brings back great memories as Brighton was where i proposed to my wife many moons ago.

Thanks Mark, the only way to do it is take the shot at a different angle then just clone out the crane that has been up for months..Lol.

We have a historical mansion in a nearby town that is pretty much the same...drugstores, modern banks and convenience stores surround it. I have never taken a shot of it as I don't like spending much time cloning, lol.

We have a historical mansion in a nearby town that is pretty much the same...drugstores, modern banks and convenience stores surround it. I have never taken a shot of it as I don't like spending much time cloning, lol.

Once they take down the ice rink at the front, I will be able to get a better shot.

At first I thought, what horrible block of flats?? Then realized which building. Still a nice picture.

After looking at it again I can see a couple of possibilities (this is years of sports/events, working around stuff). I'd try getting down on the ground, kneeling, scrunching, squatting, whatever til that building 'disappears' behind the pavilion. I learned shooting hockey how to make empty seats 'disappear'; sponsors want to see butts in seats. And/or, getting up close and getting the main part of the building. And waiting, til peeps move on out of your viewfinder. I learned how to close one eye to frame shots and watch, then open both eyes to adjust focus and grab a shot. I'd be out there awhile probably...

At first I thought, what horrible block of flats?? Then realized which building. Still a nice picture.

After looking at it again I can see a couple of possibilities (this is years of sports/events, working around stuff). I'd try getting down on the ground, kneeling, scrunching, squatting, whatever til that building 'disappears' behind the pavilion. I learned shooting hockey how to make empty seats 'disappear'; sponsors want to see butts in seats. And/or, getting up close and getting the main part of the building. And waiting, til peeps move on out of your viewfinder. I learned how to close one eye to frame shots and watch, then open both eyes to adjust focus and grab a shot. I'd be out there awhile probably...

Thank you Sharon, some time I will go back and go closer and do a panoramic shot instead.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back