Manaheim said: "Mostly snapshots, but nice cars."
Well ya, but I explained that.
You did? Tell me where in your original post you said "These are just snapshots, I'm not trying to be artistic here, just sharing a moment", because I'm not seeing anything even close to that.
Are you suggesting I should not post these photos (snap shots) here? (fine, I'm outta here)
That attitude is why I don't last long on photography forums Manaheim. My 'expertise' is carving corners in mountainous terrain with my sportbike (motorcycle). If you just began to ride and you came along with me, I'd take it slow and help you out, not criticize your inexperience.
Oh whah. Cry me a river. You're gonna leave because I called your stuff snapshots? Fine. There's the door. The last thing this forum needs is another person who flips out when they get anything short of an "attaboy".
edit: AND, in another photography forum I had frequented, it was all about your lightroom and photoshop technique, which is a long long way from 35mm photography where the composition was the art, not digital manipulation.
And this is relevant how?
Well, I enjoy my snapshots.
And how did I suggest you should do otherwise? I have plenty of snapshots and I quite enjoy them. I don't go posting them on photography forums, however.
I'd like to see you try and keep up with me on a motorcycle in the mountains of Tennessee.
If this were a motorcycle forum, I'm sure we'd all be duly impressed. However, since this is in fact a
photography forum, I don't quite see how beating your chest in this manner is accomplishing very much.
I really feel that comment was uncalled for. How did you contribute?
You may well feel whatever you like, but it doesn't change the reality of things.
I called your pictures what they are. You CLAIM to be fine with them being snapshots, yet you bristled ridiculously at me calling them that. Seems a bit odd, don't you think. If you had a pie in your hands and I called it a pie, would you flip out in the same manner?
Here's the thing. This is a photography forum, and as such, people expect you to post pictures of some photographic worth OR to make it very clear when you post them that they're just for fun... and, btw, there are sections on this forum for just that sort of picture. This isn't that section.
If, however, you're getting defensive because you really were trying to be artisitc here, then I suggest you thicken up that skin because there's no way in hell you're going to learn anything if you're going to bluster at anyone that says anything other than "attaboy".