Broken Speedotron Force 10 Lamp

dargo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My lamp fell over and hit the floor and stopped working. So I checked both the bulbs on another unit and they worked fine. So now I'm faced with trying to repair it or replace it. Does anyone have any experience with repairing these things? Or know someone who does?

Thanks

Knowing how expensive lights are, are you sure that it would be cheaper to fix as opposed to replacing the head?

No I'm not, but I thought that maybe if someone here had a similar experience, that they might have insight into cracking it open and what to look for.

I'd certainly NOT recommend that you crack one open unless you are an experienced electrician. The capacitors in that thing could retain enough of a charge even after a month of not being used that could be strong enough to toss you 10 feet across the room.

Call up a few local photography places and ask them if they know of someone local that has experience in fixing these things. I had one of mine fixed in 45 min and the guy wanted $30/hour, which was fair. I paid $30 to get it repaired.

Thanks Jerry, I thought as much. It would be nice to get it fixed for that amount. Really not in the mood to buy a new one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back