Broken Windows

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
790-8x12-c2432-34-v2-1.jpg

Wow! That's really good. What's the story?

That's what you call a 'room with a view'.

Very well done abraxas.

I'm lucky that I almost always feel like I have been there, or near where you are hunting... I guess my treks from here to JT, Vegas, Utah and back have accumulated, or perhaps coagulated into the western collective that is my memory.

Dust devil valley outside baker?... -Shea

baker2wheaton.jpg

Nice pic. Love the colour on the window frame.

Thanks.

Stunning shot abraxas! Thanks for sharing it with us.

You're welcome and thank you.

Dust devil valley outside baker?... -Shea

That must be a slang name?

Here's some of my info on the area on your map-
Mojave Valley - Granite Mountains
Silurian Valley - Devil’s Playground: Mojave Desert Ecological Subsections
Kingston Range - Valley Wells
Ivanpah Valley

You ever drive out to the river on 62?

Always the Mojave. Love it out there, from the top to bottom.

You ever drive out to the river on 62?
Nope and a fly around the map did not help me pin point it. I'm lost.

Once on my way back from Lost Wages (NAB trade show) I thought it would be fun to come back Amboy road to 29 palms in the middle of the night... I'm sure you can see where this is going,... a wrong turn somewhere & I traversed dirt roads and Indian reservations for hours until I thought I had the light of 29 palms spotted... it was Vegas! I connected to the 15 somewhere and finally knew where I was again.

Funny how those lost moments and early am drives into Joshua Tree feed my soul. I need a road trip.

-Shea

I like how you didn't include anything that the window is attached to -- no framing, nothing. Leaves it up to the viewer to determine whether or not they're inside a structure, or there's just this completely wacky wire frame window sitting out in the middle of nowhere.

Nope and a fly around the map did not help me pin point it. I'm lost.

Once on my way back from Lost Wages (NAB trade show) I thought it would be fun to come back Amboy road to 29 palms in the middle of the night... I'm sure you can see where this is going,... a wrong turn somewhere & I traversed dirt roads and Indian reservations for hours until I thought I had the light of 29 palms spotted... it was Vegas! I connected to the 15 somewhere and finally knew where I was again.

Funny how those lost moments and early am drives into Joshua Tree feed my soul. I need a road trip.

-Shea

I'm finding I HAVE TO GET OUT at least once or twice a month. The holidays are hard on me because I try to get out when there as few people as possible, usually weekdays. Weekends are when I either work, go out with museum groups or take field classes.

Joshua Tree is great. Likewise Death Valley and the Mojave Preserve. Red Rock near L.V. is awesome too as well as Valley of Fire, but that's out of the way of the route from LV to SC. If I'm out that way during the weekend I usually camp for an extra night to avoid the Sunday traffic. Almost always as close as possible to wherever my field trip or class ends up. There's just so much out here. I thought I'd be able to cover it all in 2-4 years tops. I couldn't do it in 2-4 lifetimes.

I used to get lost a lot.

I like how you didn't include anything that the window is attached to -- no framing, nothing. Leaves it up to the viewer to determine whether or not they're inside a structure, or there's just this completely wacky wire frame window sitting out in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks.

Most reactions

Back