bronica or kieve

rom4n301

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i deff want a medium format camera similar to a hassleblad. im think somtin along the lines of a Bronica sq-ai or a kieve 88 but idk witch one to choose. also i wanna know y 220 film is like 5 times more expensive then 120 film. oh and do they make 35mm backs for these camera:confused:... thanks in advance

I would go with the Bronica without any hesitation. The quality is much better. The Kiev company had a massive problem with quality control and their cameras were not very reliable. Moreover, there are more accessories for the Bronica (including 35mm backs) than for the Kiev. The SQ-Ai is probably the best in the line (most recent anyway) but don't forget the SQ-A and the SQ-B (if you don't require an on-camera lightmeter for the SQ-B).

Definitely the Bronnie, 220 should only double the price as its only twice the size but possibly only pros use it most so they charge what they like, stick to 120 and get extra backs for shooting. H

No argument with the previous suggestions of the Bronica. Used Hasselblads are plentiful and cheap compared to what they used to be. If you get your film from Adorama, B&H or somewhere like that you should only have to pay double for 220 over 120. I use 220 whenever I can because it is more convenient than 120, but not all my medium format cameras take 220 and not all films are available in 220.

Best, Helen

Go with the Bronica. I own one and love it. They also make 2 different 35mm backs for the SQ-A, one normal 35mm negative size and one that's like a panoramic 35mm negative size.

But once you own a MF camera, you will see the difference between 120 and 35mm. The amount of information and the quality of the image is far superior if you shoot on 120 or 220. A 35mm negative is just so much smaller than if you shoot 2 1/4x 2 1/4.

ok.. im deff gettin a bronica. now to choose witch one. i deff want it to have the metering thing

Bronica.

There are other good MF cameras too: Mamiya, for example and others.

If available get a Bronica ETRSI...small and can be used handheld. Takes awesome pictures. I havee one and love it.

i think im ganna get the sq-a or the ai but i have anather question.. how do u get the film back in the roll..

i think im ganna get the sq-a or the ai but i have anather question.. how do u get the film back in the roll..

Good choice of camera. Be aware that the SQAi can only take the more expensive PS lenses whereas both S and PS lenses will work on the SQA.

MF film comes on a spool. You also have a spare pool in the camera back, so the film is rolled from on spool to the other.

yea but i mean how do i roll it back into the canister to get it developed, and yea i think the sqa would be bettah

yea but i mean how do i roll it back into the canister to get it developed, and yea i think the sqa would be bettah

MF films do not come in canisters. 120 film is attached to a paper backing and is tightly rolled around the spool. When you take the roll out of the camera, it is tightly rolled on the receiving pool.

oh i see well thanks everybody im ganna buy the bronica sqa pretty soon

Most reactions

New Topics

Back