Brooklyn Bridge/DUMBO - Film

waday

Do one thing every day that scares you
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We walked around the Brooklyn Bridge/DUMBO area a couple of weeks ago, so I decided to take my Minolta and shoot a couple rolls of film.

I ended up overprocessing (I think) some of the rolls, so not necessarily happy with that. They turned out quite dark. My chemicals should have been ok, but they may have been old. UGH.

[ETA: Film is a mix of Kodak 400TX and Lomography Lady Grey 400. Processed with Ilfosol 3. Kodak for 7.5 minutes, Lomography for 6 minutes. Post processing in Lightroom.]

Anyways, please see the images below.

Last edited:
They look fine to me on my phone. I like them.

Yes, perhaps moe contrasty and higher in grain that "optimal", yet still, a nice overall look and feel to the B&W tonalities in these shots. I've shot a lot of Tri-X in 35mm size, and I always liked it's tonality. Yes, it has visible, obvious grain...but it looks pretty to me! Not sure about what characteristics the Lady Grey 400 brings to the table. I dunno...I've gone for thick,dark negatives and have gone for thin, delicate negatives...there's no,one,universal right answer. these scanned okay though, I think.

I do not know this neighborhood via personal experience, but rather only through the photos I've seen of it over the years. I like the things you've shown us in this sample of shots.

They look fine to me on my phone. I like them.

Very nice set of images.....

I really like #7. The shadows do seem a bit dark, but overall, you have a good set.
Thank you! :)

Yes, perhaps moe contrasty and higher in grain that "optimal", yet still, a nice overall look and feel to the B&W tonalities in these shots. I've shot a lot of Tri-X in 35mm size, and I always liked it's tonality. Yes, it has visible, obvious grain...but it looks pretty to me! Not sure about what characteristics the Lady Grey 400 brings to the table. I dunno...I've gone for thick,dark negatives and have gone for thin, delicate negatives...there's no,one,universal right answer. these scanned okay though, I think.

I do not know this neighborhood via personal experience, but rather only through the photos I've seen of it over the years. I like the things you've shown us in this sample of shots.
Thanks Derrel! They seemed to scan a bit different than my previous scans, so I'm not sure if I had an odd setting checked. I had to "fix" them in Lightroom, so this isn't a representation of the actual negatives. :oops:

If you're in the NYC/Brooklyn area, I'd suggest visiting if you have time. I would have liked to do more street, but hard to do when visiting with family. They have parks all along the river, and it's a very nice walk. We mostly stayed around the Brooklyn Bridge, but there are some iconic shots of the Manhattan Bridge from DUMBO.

Nice shots. Being from the tri-state area I always love photographing in NY. #4, 5 and 7 are my favorites. #7 really captures the uniqueness of NY.

Nice shots. Being from the tri-state area I always love photographing in NY. #4, 5 and 7 are my favorites. #7 really captures the uniqueness of NY.
Thank you!

Most reactions

Back