Brown, Brown and more brown (C&C)

Bo4key

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Getting pretty tired of the brown-ness of winter, trying to make the most of it until spring. Have a look and tell me what you think

Isolation by Boaketography, on Flickr

EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS
Aperture Priority
f/8.0
1/250 sec

The focus is great, as is the bokeh in the background. Too me though, it feels like the subject is incomplete because there isn't really an "end" to the seedhead in frame. My eyes just sort of follow the plant down and then out of frame because there's nothing to sort of corral the eye and keep it on the photo.

Interesting image, but I think that this is one of those times when portrait mode might have been a better choice. There is just a bit too much negative space in this one for me - but that's just me.

WesternGuy

Interesting image, but I think that this is one of those times when portrait mode might have been a better choice. There is just a bit too much negative space in this one for me - but that's just me.

WesternGuy

Great point, the thought never even crossed my mind while I was shooting this image. I think I was more focused on getting some nice bokeh and making sure the subject wasn't centred. If I have time, I should go out at re-shoot.

Bitter mentioned in a thread a little while ago to shoot everything twice, once in portrait and once in landscape. I think this is a strategy I'm going to start using on every shoot.

Most reactions

Back