BTCC, Clios, Porsches etc @ Brands Hatch on Saturday

Az_GTi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ae-photography.co.uk
Well yesterday (Saturday) I was at Brands Hatch for the BTCC qualifying :) As a bonus I also got a Porsche Cup and Clio Cup race, both of which were full of incident! Weather stayed dry, when the sun was out it was quite hot, when it wasn't it was cold. Conditions wern't easy as the light was constantly changing, still all good fun :)

Here's a few compressed "forum friendly sized" photos...

#1 BMW Super 2000 - looked and sounded gorgeous!!
BTCC_and_Support_Brands_Hatch_080406_AE_9876_600x.jpg

#2 Porsches looked VERY nice in the morning :)
BTCC_and_Support_Brands_Hatch_080406_AE_0074_600x.jpg

#3 Clio's already fighting for position and this is only practice!!
BTCC_and_Support_Brands_Hatch_080406_AE_0114_600x.jpg

#4 Formula BMW's into Druids...
BTCC_and_Support_Brands_Hatch_080406_AE_0383_600x.jpg

#5 Jason Young juuuust hangs on as he goes through the Paddock Hill gravel trap sideways... on the first lap...
BTCC_and_Support_Brands_Hatch_080406_AE_0680_600x.jpg

#6 Steven Colbert tries a move into the lead but outbrakes himself and runs wide through the Paddock Hill gravel... he kept his foot in and managed to drive out... gravel in my face = not nice!! Unfortunately Gavin Seager had a similar moment just a few moments later and it ended in disaster... rolling into the tyres barriers and landing sideways. The marshalls were quick to react, the race was red flagged and results declared.
BTCC_and_Support_Brands_Hatch_080406_AE_0784_600x.jpg

#7 Harry Vaulkhard trying to find a bit more speed with his lights on :)
BTCC_and_Support_Brands_Hatch_080406_AE_0811_600x.jpg

If you want you can view more and larger versions here - http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/080406.html (be patient it may take a few seconds to load up)

Again comments are most welcomed.

Cheers :)

these are all awesome, i think my favs are the ones in the gravel.

Az_GTi said:
Here's one more...

#8 Leo Mansell... hang on that surname sounds familiar... YES it is Nigel Mansell's son :)
BTCC_and_Support_Brands_Hatch_080406_AE_9763_600x.jpg

They (Mansells) came to our place a month oe so ago to launch the cars, but I'm working away at the moment so missed it :( mind you, might be able to pick up some complimentary tickets for the series through the summer!

tempra said:
They (Mansells) came to our place a month oe so ago to launch the cars, but I'm working away at the moment so missed it :( mind you, might be able to pick up some complimentary tickets for the series through the summer!

W00t! Wicked! Pardon my ignorance but how do you/family know them?

tempra said:
Heh, not home place, work place - I work for Unipart :D

Oh right nice one! Show the bosses my photo of Mansell if you like... nice way to get a bit of publicity :thumbup: I think the Mansell boys will be closely followed by all the media this year...

Most reactions

Back