Bubblegum

Such machines still exist!? I thought they were all long gone.

Such machines still exist!? I thought they were all long gone.

This is one of at least three that I can think of in our town. My daughter (the girl in the photo) no doubt knows for a few more!

This is one of at least three that I can think of in our town. My daughter (the girl in the photo) no doubt knows for a few more!

I'm glad it's still there for everyone. The pictures look dream-like.

I'm glad it's still there for everyone. The pictures look dream-like.

Thanks. For me, these offer a certain otherness in this day and age of pixel perfection.

I like the first one a lot. That crack in the wall really makes it work. Possibly it's a reference to tooth decay, or maybe something else, but it does make the image more interesting.

In the second, I don't know if the other (partial) vending machine really adds anything.

I like the first one a lot. That crack in the wall really makes it work. Possibly it's a reference to tooth decay, or maybe something else, but it does make the image more interesting.

In the second, I don't know if the other (partial) vending machine really adds anything.

Thanks, Ken. It being a cigarette machine placed hawkishly close to where the sweets are, the other vending machine adds a strand of social comment.

The first shot look tilted? Like the look though

The first shot look tilted? Like the look though

It could well be that either the vending machine or my camera (or both) are slightly off kilter. There's nowhere to hide with Polaroids!

Thanks.

Polaroid bubble gum - what could be more fun? What film did you use? It seems a bit magenta which works with the subject.

Polaroid bubble gum - what could be more fun? What film did you use? It seems a bit magenta which works with the subject.

Yes, it does seem to have a bit of a colour cast, but, as you say, here that isn't a problem. This is only the second pack I've used though, so I'll see how this works out with other subjects and different light, etc. This is Impossible SX-70 colour film (not the colour protection variant as far as I can tell from the packaging).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back