Bubbles in flight.............

oldnavy170

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love how this looks.........

Bubbles.jpg

I really like the colors. It just says summer to me. Of course, I just bought my kids 2 gallons (yes, GALLONS) of bubble juice to use this summer. Can you tell we do a lot of bubble blowing here? ;)

looks a bit out of focus

It's either not quite in focus or shows signs of motion blur ... but the colours are good.
Wasn't it Chiller who once posted the best soap bubble photos I have ever seen? I wonder if those can still be found by using the SEARCH button?

What it really could have used which is not the shooters fault by anymeans would be something in the background in focus. not the jumble of leave but someting like a single tree or even better a dirty brick building something to add to the whimsy. But when shoot what is there you do what you can with what is there so I think it is a nice image.

The thread I was thinking of is still there, "Barbecue Bubbles" it is called, but the photos were taken off Chiller's server, which is a pity, really... Ah well.

The thread I was thinking of is still there, "Barbecue Bubbles" it is called, but the photos were taken off Chiller's server, which is a pity, really... Ah well.
I was trying to find his 'sunrise bubble' pic, and while searching also found this thread of his shots of bubbles on/above the water.

Oh cool, Anty, those ("Sunrise bubbles") actually were the ones I was thinking of, I remember that I mostly loved the fourth photo in that very thread!!!

Oldnavy170 - I like your bubble shot. Like a previous poster said, it takes one back to memories of summer (what kid doesn't enjoy blowing bubbles? And a lot of adults as well, if you've ever seen them dive for the bubble blowers at weddings!) The green background really sets the bubbles off nicely, and you caught the irridescent look that bubbles have. But I do think they are a wee bit out of focus.

Nicely done. I like the dof and the colours.
I will be trying this again, I hope.
LaFoto...please forgive me for takin my photos down...seems I ran out of space, and got a letter from the heavies I had no more room, so I took down a lot of my older photos. I found one, but wont post it here, as I dont want to hijack this thread.

Beautiful and dream-like. I don't mind the bubble appearing a little bit soft. The one thing I would do is get rid of the red bit on the bottom right. Flare? Easily remedied. What I like is that you can see abstract shapes of the reflection in the bubble. First I look at the bubble outside, then the leaves and then the reflection. My eye moves around a lot in this image. GREAT!

Thanks everyone. This one was a different style photo for me. The bubbles were very HARD to catch with the camera. They kept popping before I could snap the shot or if I did catch them I would get nothing but a blurred photo. This was the best one.

Most reactions

Back