Budget Canon Zoom Lens

tacomadm18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was looking around and found a Canon EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM,,, note,,, the non IS version for under $100.00 good shape, etc,,,, I don't have a zoom lens and was thinking it may fit the bill as I continue to get better in the photography field,,,
It looks like from Googling it,, it get mixed reviews,, but for what I'm doing I think it will fit the bill,,,,,,,,,,

thoughts,,,,,
P.S - I was looking at a tele extender from Kenko 1.4x,, but decided against that move,,,,

do you think without the IS it will effect me that much,,,,

do you think without the IS it will effect me that much,,,,

No. There is a gray area with shutter speed which you could use a tri pod or u could skip out if you can hold the camera still. Usually around 1/30 or 1/60. The IS really helps there.

But honmestly, if youre shooting with such shutter speed id use a tri pod, this is assuming you care about ur pics, and you wont need it.

Get IS. You can make due without, but you will find yourself wanting a lens with IS. Trust me. I just bought a Canon 70-300 IS USM f/4-f/5.6. They sell new for $550 and I found someone on craigslist with a mint one for $350 with two filters and a lens carrying case. I love it so far and would recommend it if you can swing that much and find one used.

Last edited:
Would a Canon 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM be of interest to you?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back