What's new

Budget Zoom Lens for my 20D

tacomadm18

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 9, 2010
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking for a Zoom lens,,,, very tight budget,, used or new,,, someting out to 200mm,,,, what would be my best bet,,,,,,, thoughts,,,

thanks
glen
 
maybe even a 135mm would do the trick,,, I'd ;like to stay with Canon,,, if possible,,,

thanks
 
For the money, I'd say, the Tamron 70-300mm isn't all that bad. It was the first tele zoom I bought and for about $150, you get what you get. It's fine in the middle of the day in the summer where there is plenty of light, but you shouldn't even consider it for anything else. I later replaced it w/ the Sigma EX 70-200mm 2.8.

Tamron | 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Lens for Can | AF017C700
 
If you could find the Canon 70-200mm f4L in your budget range you won't regret it. Since the new version is IS you might get one for a good price....
 
Visit KEH.com. They have an excellent selection of used lenses. Give them a call and chat with them. They're very helpful.

I have an old Canon 20d in my pile of cameras. When shooting some college outdoor sports, I've use a wide assortment of old manual focus Pentax screwmount lenses. There's some good glass in some of those old 15 and 20 year old lenses.
 
If you could find the Canon 70-200mm f4L in your budget range you won't regret it. Since the new version is IS you might get one for a good price....

The non-IS version is still around $600-$650 used (I think you could pick one up for around $550 but the average is higher). Sigma and Tamron make zoom lenses up to around 200mm for around $350.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom