Buffalos, Golf Carts and Palm Trees

cpelsy2k1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yes, such a place exists. Its called "The Villages" and its located in Northern Florida:

villages2oi7.jpg

Shot with Canon EOS 30D at 2008-04-04

villages3zz8.jpg

About 40 years ago someone got the bright idea to create an inclusive senior citizen community. Since that time its grown into a community with its own zip code and 70,000 senior citizens all in one place. When you go to The Villages life is sort of flipped on its head. You don't drive cars, you drive golf carts:

villages8ev8.jpg

There are two town squares complete with all the amenities including Starbucks:

villages10hi9.jpg

Restaurants...

villages6ph0.jpg

villages9zp8.jpg

And of course churches too...

villages1fg9.jpg

Finally, what community is complete without a buffalo farm?

villages7le5.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Oooo, you need to clean your camera ... or clone out and clone out and clone out ... if those specks of dirt weren't so close to home (my photos come out even a lot worse, so I clone and clone and clone), I might not have noticed them that much, but ...

ok, what the heck??? I thought your links that say "Canon EOS 30D" would be to larger sizes of your shots. But they all take me to a 40D for sale on amazon.com! What's up with that? There's something fishy about your post...

ok, what the heck??? I thought your links that say "Canon EOS 30D" would be to larger sizes of your shots. But they all take me to a 40D for sale on amazon.com! What's up with that? There's something fishy about your post...

You're right i just clicked the link and it went to a 40D. MY suspicion is that amazon doesn't sell 30D's anymore but i could be wrong. All of my pictures are posted on imageshack first and it grabs the camera information along with the picture so go figure? Either way i shoot with a 30D!

Nice shots, mate. I've been past here, but never entered. Didn't think a buffalo would like being in FL....but hey.

You're right i just clicked the link and it went to a 40D. MY suspicion is that amazon doesn't sell 30D's anymore but i could be wrong. All of my pictures are posted on imageshack first and it grabs the camera information along with the picture so go figure? Either way i shoot with a 30D!

Yo you got some decent shots in here, the last one will look really awesome with some decent post processing, they all seem a bit too heavy on the contrast and your losing some shadow detail because of it, thats being really picky though. Go out and get that sensor/lens cleaned its ridiculously dirty haha.

Also about the imageshack thing... I'll have to show you how to not get it to do that. Theres a classic view in imageshack that works a lot better and is a lot quicker, I'll have to show you it sometime. Anyways... back to the hw so we can go out shooting later.

Most reactions

Back