Photos OK to edit
Nice series! but I think you have a one track mind...:lol:

Your flies are superbs!

H4X1MA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i want to be able to do this! Could you link me to the flash you use for shots like these? I have a macro ring but it doesn't seem to do enough.

OP
NateS

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks MiFleur.....it's not my fault though. I think we just have "dirty" bugs that like the camera attention. :)

H4X1MA - I just use an SB-600 through a 3x5" Lumiquest softbox. The flash is mounted to the tripod collar of my macro lens which lets me get the flash close and I can swivel /rotate it to adjust the angle the light comes from. I use a sync cord to run the flash to the hot shoe.

H4X1MA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks MiFleur.....it's not my fault though. I think we just have "dirty" bugs that like the camera attention. :)

H4X1MA - I just use an SB-600 through a 3x5" Lumiquest softbox. The flash is mounted to the tripod collar of my macro lens which lets me get the flash close and I can swivel /rotate it to adjust the angle the light comes from. I use a sync cord to run the flash to the hot shoe.

That SB600 is a bit pricey, for that much I may as well grab the twin speedlight. I'm thinking that the SB400 with that fotopro twin bracket may be nice, but I can't seem to find much info on the bracket so maybe it wouldn't work.

OP
NateS

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
R1C1 is a nice kit, but it's a lot more.....SB-600 isn't that expensive and can be used for non-macro as well. SB-400 might work, but I like the faster recycle times that I get with the 600.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics