Bugs! (they're pretty neat looking)

Two great shots, but I love the colours on that bug in the 2nd shot.
Nige

yeldivea- Thanks! :)

RJB- from what I can tell it was a bumble bee- I was looking for a more official name or type, but so far I'm not finding much else.

velocity- thanks. I was really surprised to see such a cool "rainbow" bug on my explorations. I loved the colors of this bug and I was so happy to capture it on film. (bugs don't always cooperate, ya know... :D )

Thanks Mike. :)

Both are great but I like the second one the best. I like how the bug is just hanging out on the little flower. What lense did you use?

Nice Shots. Crystal clear :thumbup::thumbup:

The first 'bug' is indeed a Bumble Bee. The scientific name can be written Bombus sp. You can use sp. (species) since Bumbles are usually identified by colors of the hair and the body segments, neither of which you can see in your picture.

Shame on me for not replying sooner!

wolfepakt- "I prefer #2. The colors are intense!" -- :) Amazing what nature produces. I was happy to capture that one in a photo!

Jamiebear: "Those are awesome!!!!" -- Thanks! :D

Deadeye008- "Both are great but I like the second one the best. I like how the bug is just hanging out on the little flower. What lense did you use?"
-- Thanks. :) Does it make me less of a photog if I used a P&S? I have an Olympus C-765 Ultra Zoom. I was in Super Macro mode (and very very close- for the 1st).

ravikiran- "Great shot. I thinks it's one advantage of having some very nice lens. Thanks for sharing." -- Thanks. I'm happy to share my work. :)

Digital Flower- "Nice Shots. Crystal clear :thumbup::thumbup:

The first 'bug' is indeed a Bumble Bee. The scientific name can be written Bombus sp. You can use sp. (species) since Bumbles are usually identified by colors of the hair and the body segments, neither of which you can see in your picture."
--Thanks! And THANK YOU!!! for the info on scientific naming of the bumble bee. Next time I will try to get more "information" in the shot. :)

Most reactions

Back