Building abstracty thing - downtown Toronto

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was in training for work a few weeks back. On one evening, I dragged my co-worker out to wander the streets of Toronto at night.

This image was made in an alley, had to move a few times to allow random cars to go through haha.
I liked the random colour changes in the windows

CC always appreciated

5429406993_51c5d65ca3_z.jpg

I feel the same way but could not successfully get it out of the field of view when shooting, nor can I find a way to crop the image and keep the same feel. :(

I did try and move the building, but I left my cape in my suitcase :)

Never leave w/ out your cape!!!!! :hug::
I am lovin all the shades of colors in the lights!! But I do want the other building out of there. Can you clone it out?

Aw, you guys are mean. I hate doing extra work.
I did throw a vignette on to make it less obvious. I guess I was hoping that the image and it's sheer uberness would make it so that the piece of the other building isn't visible.

Damn you Trever, thanks to your comment, it's all anyone else is going to see (or comment on!)

:D

100% correct for everyone commenting on the other building now...
I do like the shot, the building looks like its full of mist; but after looking up the main building my eye is then drawn across to the other in the corner. You might have some luck cloning it out. I do agree that cropping it out of the image isn't a real option.

Clone that damn other building out!!!

Or cut it off and fill with a gradient.

but...but...it adds to my artistic vision of being in a tiny alley! yeah!!! :)

Thanks for the comments everyone. :D

I think the other building being there sort of completes the composition, and makes it feel a bit more 'claustrophobic'...it doesn't seem very "abstracty" to me, P...but I do dig the color variations!

I totally disagree with Derrel.

I went ahead and did an edit for you bigtwinky. I know you don't want people editing your images, but I know you are confident with my superior skillz with photoshop, so I will go ahead and post it.

See, everyone was right. Cloning out that other building made all the difference in the world!

Bigtwinkies.jpg

I think the other building being there sort of completes the composition, and makes it feel a bit more 'claustrophobic'...it doesn't seem very "abstracty" to me, P...but I do dig the color variations!

I agree.

Without building #2 I feel it would just be another building photo. I actually would like to see more of it in the frame. Not to say that it needs more, it is nicely balanced as is, but I'm wondering what it would look like with more. :D

Most reactions

Back