built the NEW light box today please C&C

cosmoepic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so i took everyones advice and built a box correctly i'd still like the use a flash for lighting, but i used to white light bulbs on either side to light up

your thoughts?

flower.png

so i took everyones advice and built a box correctly i'd still like the use a flash for lighting, but i used to white light bulbs on either side to light up

your thoughts?

flower.png

White balance is closer to correct this time. What materials did you use? Can you take a picture of the box again.

The reason I'm asking you to do this, is I am debating spending the $100 to buy a soft box tent setup, and if this works fine, i will just build one out of white materials and wood.

Show us a pic of the actual box.

one sec

edit: ok heres the setup cost me about $8 total

IMG_1508.jpg

the sides and top have tracing paper on them and the back is a poster board

if i had a flash to use instead of those lamps im sure the pic would come out alot better

Last edited:
one sec

edit: ok heres the setup cost me about $8 total

IMG_1508.jpg

the sides and top have tracing paper on them and the back is a poster board

if i had a flash to use instead of those lamps im sure the pic would come out alot better

I like it, and I got your PM, thanks. I am going to build one myself and see what I can do also. That is pretty creative. You did a good job. I don't think the flash is necessary. I would move the lamps about 1 in. closer to the box, other than that, great job.

The white balance still needs some tweaking, but you are well on your way!!

yeah i set the cam to a timer then i move the lamps closer in, kinda budget i know, but it works haha

that white balance is killin me, i set it to tungsten in the cam and in CS3 i dont get it

that white balance is killin me, i set it to tungsten in the cam and in CS3 i dont get it

Do you not have a color grid to manually configure it in your camera? It's just 1 or 2 points too cold, you can see a tad bit of blue. When you reach the tungsten setting on your camera, does it not have a color grid that pops up?

Oh yeah, and I noticed you are in Mannassas, VA. I lived in Newport News for 1.5 years.

Do you not have a color grid to manually configure it in your camera? It's just 1 or 2 points too cold, you can see a tad bit of blue. When you reach the tungsten setting on your camera, does it not have a color grid that pops up?

Oh yeah, and I noticed you are in Mannassas, VA. I lived in Newport News for 1.5 years.

im not sure if it does or not i just got the D40 and im still learnin it ill check my manual

edit: it does have fine tuning ill mess with it in a bit

ha i was just in newport news on sun, my car broke down there and had to tow it allll the way to manassas talk about a pretty high bill....

Last edited:
im not sure if it does or not i just got the D40 and im still learnin it ill check my manual

ha i was just in newport news on sun, my car broke down there and had to tow it allll the way to manassas talk about a pretty high bill....

Yeah, the D40 does it. Don't use the quick selection in on the display. Use the actual menu button, and select the white balance, once you do that, a grid will pop up. Tone it to the B & M side (Left and down) and keep playing with it until you get a near perfect white.

Yeah, the D40 does it. Don't use the quick selection in on the display. Use the actual menu button, and select the white balance, once you do that, a grid will pop up. Tone it to the B & M side (Left and down) and keep playing with it until you get a near perfect white.

mmmmm not seeing the grid?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back