Bull Elk in the Trees

naturezone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found this bull elk last weekend while tracking some cow elk up a trail. The big boy was good enough to let out a bugle just as he stepped into the rays of morning sunlight in between two trees. This is a great time of year!

Nature Zone Photography

p1128446252-4.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nice! I'm glad you shot him with your camera and not a gun! Beautiful animal.

Nice.. too bad you didn't get his legs too!

Nice.. too bad you didn't get his legs too!

Legs weren't an option. I had a matter of seconds (at best) before he moved back out of sight... plus I was using my 500mm lens... no zoom option. It is what it is. I'd rather have antlers than legs.. :wink::wink::wink:

Yep.... sometimes you have to take what you can get! Although a simple flip to vertical format would have nailed it! But sometimes there just isn't time!

Now we're talking some wildlife photography. Until you've been within 20 yards of a bull like this with his ivory tips up, glazed look in his eyes, and a blood curdling bugle you just don't get what this image feels like. Nice work.

Right now most of the woods around here are closed due to actual wildfires or fire danger and those areas that are open are full of smoke. It's making for some tough rut photography.

Most reactions

Back