Bumble Bee

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally managed to get a decent shot of a bumble bee. I must say, these are not easy to capture. But I'm going to keep trying and trying till I get that winning shot I want. Thought I'd share this one anyways. Took it toward the end of the day as the sun was going down and spent a good 45 minutes roaming around listening for buzzing and saw this one land on this huge dandelion. I unfortunately accidently unexposed the shot (doesn't help that I can't see the screen in direct sunlight) but luckily the XT2 has some fantastic dynamic range so I was able to make it work. I still like it.

Fuji XT2 + 60 2.4
f/5.6, 1/1000th, ISO 1000

Bumble Bee by Nicholas Erwin, on Flickr

Nice shot. I hope to get a good shot of a hummingbird moth this year, those are super hard to capture. I miss my 60mm macro, I may pick another one up. It's a really useful lens and I thought the 56 and 80 would replace it but I was wrong on that one. It's the one lens you can grab and do anything with it.

Nice shot. I hope to get a good shot of a hummingbird moth this year, those are super hard to capture. I miss my 60mm macro, I may pick another one up. It's a really useful lens and I thought the 56 and 80 would replace it but I was wrong on that one. It's the one lens you can grab and do anything with it.

It's a swiss army knife of a lens! Thanks for the recommendation, I absolutely love this lens.

I'd love to get a shot of a hummingbird but man they are so difficult to capture. You gotta have like a 600mm lens otherwise, you'll scare them!

It's a swiss army knife of a lens! Thanks for the recommendation, I absolutely love this lens.

I'd love to get a shot of a hummingbird but man they are so difficult to capture. You gotta have like a 600mm lens otherwise, you'll scare them!
I'm talking the hummingbird MOTH. Their pretty much as difficult to capture

Yeah I know. I never seen a hummingbird moth around here. But plenty of regular hummingbirds which I wanna get one of those crazy shots I see on Flickr with their wings frozen at 1/32,000th haha. :)

Yeah I know. I never seen a hummingbird moth around here. But plenty of regular hummingbirds which I wanna get one of those crazy shots I see on Flickr with their wings frozen at 1/32,000th haha. :)
Well, if anyone could pull it off, it would be you. You got some incredible images on your Flickr page. You've been a busy boy with that Fuji

You should apply to be an x photographer, your extremely talented.

That`s a good shot of the bumble bee, a good sharp eye which helps a lot too.

Bee's are tricky because they move so much but when you get that one shot it is worth it. :)

Most reactions

Back