Bumble (Carpenter) Bee In Flight

Excellent. Something I've tried and failed with (with a 100mm Macro). Will give it another go with the big zoom lens. Having an uncluttered background is my main problem. The lens really has a difficult time if the background is not clean.

Cool, will have to try that some day... Very nice.

Excellent. Something I've tried and failed with (with a 100mm Macro). Will give it another go with the big zoom lens. Having an uncluttered background is my main problem. The lens really has a difficult time if the background is not clean.
I used a 70-300@300mm f/10 and 1/1250th. All the focus points active in continuous mode. I found that if I got the focus close in manual 1st, the auto focus snapped in well.

The last shot is my favorite.Tricky just getting these bees in-focus!

Wow! Really nice set!!! I suspect this a Carpenter Bee rather than a Bumble Bee though as its' abdomen is bare, shiny black as opposed to the Bumble Bee's the hairy abdomen and yellow banding. I fight a running battle with these things every year, they love boring into our deck.

Wow! Really nice set!!! I suspect this a Carpenter Bee rather than a Bumble Bee though as its' abdomen is bare, shiny black as opposed to the Bumble Bee's the hairy abdomen and yellow banding. I fight a running battle with these things every year, they love boring into our deck.
You have a boring deck?

You have a boring deck?

Must be, I've tried everything from putting insecticide in the holes, to plugging them, to swatting them with an electrified flyswatter. At least there is a little satisfaction in hearing that swatter zap them, though even it doesn't seem to decrease their numbers much.

You have a boring deck?

Must be, I've tried everything from putting insecticide in the holes, to plugging them, to swatting them with an electrified flyswatter. At least there is a little satisfaction in hearing that swatter zap them, though even it doesn't seem to decrease their numbers much.

"Dzzzzzzt!" mosquito
"Dzzzzzzt!" mosquito
"Dzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt!" moth!

Wow those are really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back