Bunt on ball.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying to get the bat on ball is a burst rate and timing thing. Guess I got both right with this bunt on Saturday night.

Albuqerque#2_OKC_Milb0796.jpg

Nice shot and timing.

@ronlane this is excellent work. You can even see the indentation the bat is making in the ball as it makes contact.

You can even see the indentation the bat is making in the ball as it makes contact.

This is baseball played with a very hard ball offering almost no bounce.
I think the indentation is more an impression suggested by the shadow.

This is baseball played with a very hard ball offering almost no bounce.
I think the indentation is more an impression suggested by the shadow.

I guess all those years I played in school, all the years my kids played and now my grandkids are playing must have been with a "softer" ball. Check out this video with its slow motion segment at the 2 min mark.

Don't care how hard the ball is, this is a superbly timed shot. Great capture.

Thank you all.

As for the ball, they do give and deform when hit. But you factor in that most of those bats are Ash (very hard wood) and the speed at which the ball is being thrown (I was seeing some at about 95 mph), I would expect anything to deform some.

I didn't even have to see that video before giving my answer above. I've seen it so many times now. All of the wooded bats have a weak spot even though the Ash is really hard. That is why they put the label on them to identify where you don't want to hit a ball at.

@ronlane if you think about it, if the ball didn't deform it wouldn't travel very far, would rattle your teeth, and probably break the bat. LOL I watched a another slowly video of a tennis ball and racket. The tennis ball flattened out like a pancake.

Again this is a great shot.

This is an excellent shot! Well composed, exposed, and you caught the decisive moment like a pro. Great job.

Beautifully timed. You really get a sense of the power.

Most reactions

Back