What's new

Burning Cold

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's still technically fall, but you wouldn't know it around here...


p1276926946-4.jpg
 
Great shot. I think I would have maybe burned the sky a bit more.

I also kind of want one more point of interest. For some reason I think with just two points of interest the eye sort of searches for a third, especially when the two points of interest are fairly normal (ie the sun and a barn too far away to make out close detail).
 
Ah, I see that up North you are once again in the long season of isolation, depression and despair. This is a good entry in the series. I think the sun is a little too close to the top edge. I like the grass leading to the house, and then out towards the sun.
 
I also kind of want one more point of interest. For some reason I think with just two points of interest the eye sort of searches for a third, especially when the two points of interest are fairly normal (ie the sun and a barn too far away to make out close detail).
I couldn't figure out but this one was close but not cigar, and your analysis is – I think – spot on. Maybe a dog, or a person, or a wild animal in the lower right corner would've made the difference.

Ah, I see that up North you are once again in the long season of isolation, depression and despair. This is a good entry in the series. I think the sun is a little too close to the top edge. I like the grass leading to the house, and then out towards the sun.
Thanks, Ken. This was two weekends ago and it's gotten better ever since, to the point that there was less snow out there in the fields yesterday. It won't last, though :)

Cheers, guys.
 
I really like this.
Being a farmer, I would have this one hanging this time of year. :thumbup:
 
fjrabon said:
Great shot. I think I would have maybe burned the sky a bit more.

I also kind of want one more point of interest. For some reason I think with just two points of interest the eye sort of searches for a third, especially when the two points of interest are fairly normal (ie the sun and a barn too far away to make out close detail).

I would agree with what has been said above.

Maybe you need to bring your doll and place her in the image and turn it into a beautiful day about to go wrong ;)
 
fjrabon said:
Great shot. I think I would have maybe burned the sky a bit more.

I also kind of want one more point of interest. For some reason I think with just two points of interest the eye sort of searches for a third, especially when the two points of interest are fairly normal (ie the sun and a barn too far away to make out close detail).

I would agree with what has been said above.

Maybe you need to bring your doll and place her in the image and turn it into a beautiful day about to go wrong ;)

I have no idea what any of this is supposed to mean? I'd like to play along, but I don't even know.
 
fjrabon said:
I have no idea what any of this is supposed to mean? I'd like to play along, but I don't even know.

invisible has a doll, I just can't remember what he calls her, that he has included in some of his photos and I guess he's used her in "creepy, moody" type shots.
 
Maybe you need to bring your doll and place her in the image and turn it into a beautiful day about to go wrong ;)
Sybil is hibernating because she says winter does her no good – her skin is too prone to cracking in the dry cold of Manitoba. She'll come out again in the spring.

I have no idea what any of this is supposed to mean? I'd like to play along, but I don't even know.
Meet Sybil.
 
invisible said:
Sybil is hibernating because she says winter does her no good – her skin is too prone to cracking in the dry cold of Manitoba. She'll come out again in the spring.

Meet Sybil.

Ahh Sybil, that's what it is. I wouldn't have expected her to be such a princess.
 
I really like it, think that would look nice on a canvas. It leads to the barn from all points.
 
invisible said:
Sybil is hibernating because she says winter does her no good – her skin is too prone to cracking in the dry cold of Manitoba. She'll come out again in the spring.

Meet Sybil.

Ahh Sybil, that's what it is. I wouldn't have expected her to be such a princess.
Seriously speaking, I was told that the Manitoba cold might break her head, which is already in bad condition with cracks and all.

I really like it, think that would look nice on a canvas. It leads to the barn from all points.
Thank you!
 
Actually i don't want anything in this frame than what there is... It gives me a feeling of desolation or deserted-ness and the burning Sun masters the scene

Great work :D
 
Actually i don't want anything in this frame than what there is... It gives me a feeling of desolation or deserted-ness and the burning Sun masters the scene
I agree that adding a person or animal to the scene would change not just the composition but the overall mood as well. The feeling of desolation will be definitely lost.

Thank you, sir!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom