EricD

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ericdiller.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Spent the last 2 days photographing Burrowing Owls in south Florida. I was in an area that had 6 underground nest.
This nest had six chicks in it.....hard to imagine how they all live together in that hole!!

Almost impossible to get all 6 to face the camera at the same time. The 6th one is behind the front left chick, you can just see the top of the head.
_ECD6343-copy860.jpg

Here 3 of them are watching a passing plane in the sky
_ECD6270-copy860.jpg

Adult female keeping an eye on the group......
_ECD6403-copy860.jpg

Eric... lovely shots! Cute babies.. and the shot of Mom rocks! :)

Those are really cool! I had no idea that some owls nested underground. That's crazy!

lovely captures.........nice set

Tom

Great shots.
Hmm, I did not realize Florida had Burrowing Owls. I always assumed they where located in the mid/west

Great shots.
Hmm, I did not realize Florida had Burrowing Owls. I always assumed they where located in the mid/west

yep! In South Florida we have (Cape Coral area especially) many dens. Very interesting info if you Google Florida Burrowing Owls.

Eric, just an outstanding set. And the picture of Mom is tremendous. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Fantastic! Especially love the shot of the adult! I've only seen these in zoos before. What a treat to see them out in their natural habitat!

Fantastic set! Love #2, what a great moment caught :)

Outstanding set. The one of mom is super. Darn. sounds like a echo in this thread. But they are good. very, very good.

Maybe someone should nominate the mother picture for the picture of the month, great job.

I love in the first pic how they look both annoyed and bored...and then they are like.."WHAT IS THAT!!!" in the second shot. lol Great Pics!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back