Beautiful day, friends, lifers and Owls!

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We had a gorgeous day Saturday, if you stayed out of the wind. A great time getting together with the Zombie clan. We walked for hours. Wasn't till I got out of the car at home to realize how sore I am. Three lifers for me on this trip although the third I don't have a photo for, a harlequin duck, since it was so far out. A big shout out to Logan's birder friend. He was a good guide, very knowledgeable and took us with pin point accuracy to the Saw-whet owl.

1. First for me.

Adult Northern Saw-whet Owl
by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Adult Northern Saw-whet Owl

3. The Zombies say "oh just another Snowy, we see tons of those" but I had to take pics.

Snowy Owl

Red-necked Grebe by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Male Gadwall

Female Gadwall

7. Back lit and heavy crop on this one but a first for me

King Eider

8. Just a shot of Toronto from where we were.

Toronto from Tommy Thompson Park

Last edited:
That owl looks like he's thinking some VERY uncomplimentary things about your parents! ;lol:

Great captures.

Great shots.Congrats on the lifers. to bad the Harlequin duck was so far away. if you do end up making an ebird account message me your username. i'll share the checklists from yesterday with you.

That owl looks like he's thinking some VERY uncomplimentary things about your parents! ;lol:

Great captures.

Thank you. Actually he seemed pretty chill about it but I am sure that is exactly what he was thinking.

Excellent set Brent. I'm looking forward to getting together sometime.

Thanks Tim. I go out most weekends. I'll send you a pm later in the week and we can set something up.

Great shots.Congrats on the lifers. to bad the Harlequin duck was so far away. if you do end up making an ebird account message me your username. i'll share the checklists from yesterday with you.

Thanks Logan. Yeah sucks about the Harlequin but the Saw-whet was the real catch of the day.

Thanks Logan. Yeah sucks about the Harlequin but the Saw-whet was the real catch of the day.
Yeah for sure. didn't think it was going to be around.

Sounds like one great time and you got the photographs to prove it. That owl is just top notch.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back