Burrowing Owl

icassell

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been looking for this guy ever since I heard he hangs out at one of my favorite birding spots (Veteran's Oasis Park, Gilbert, AZ).

He finally made an appearance for me today.

Canon 7D
Canon EF400mm f/5.6L + Sigma EX 1.4X TC (Handheld and Manually Focused)

IMG_9491-Edit.jpg

IMG_9503-Edit.jpg

He looks pretty bad-a$$ in the top photo, perched there on the ground...

Very cool shots. Personally I like the second one better, I just think it is a cool perspective and a nice capture.

I like how effectively you used the depth of field. In both pictures the owl seems to almost take a step closer to the computer screen. Nice job.

Nice that yours posed (top pic) without unflattering obstacles in front. Ours here in Cape Coral, FL, seem to pose ONLY if there is 3' of grass in front of them, lol.

Nice that yours posed (top pic) without unflattering obstacles in front. Ours here in Cape Coral, FL, seem to pose ONLY if there is 3' of grass in front of them, lol.

Well, I had to give him a tip when I was done :lmao:

I was at the Phoenix Botanical Gardens this morning and saw both a Great Horned Owl and a Western Screech Owl. Both were hiding with face obscured where I couldn't get good images.

i love both of them, but i do find the box thing in the second one a little distracting

i love both of them, but i do find the box thing in the second one a little distracting

I agree. It's a result of the urbanization of habitat ... he flew by a cable TV box.

i love the second one, very cool.. you should get on photoshop and try to get rid of the box behind him.. it is possible, and it would give you some great photoshop practice. you can just use the stuff to the sides to replace the box

Mike

http://www.michaelleggero.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back