Bury St Edmunds

TImsytanker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Couple of images taken in Bury St Eds last weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    789.3 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 222
The first image is sweet.

I've always found the sugar factory interesting, and you've got a great view of it - captured with lovely rich colours...
I pass it quite often but have never seen it from the inside, just had to put up with the reek of boiled cabbage on a few occasions. Fortunately most times I've not noticed a smell.

Going to go back and get some shots when the site is in full swing again. Live 10 miles away and can see when they have lit those furnaces..... Hope to get some interesting views of stuff belching from the stacks.

The first has a very nice point of view and a good look at a large factory,
There is a good amount of luminance noise in the sky - and that should probably be fixed before the sharpening, which only accentuates the noise.
I imagine you were using quite a wide angle lens because the perspective distortion is quite severe with only a tower or two being upright.
There seems to be white haloing around the towers, perhaps induced when the sky was sharpened.

butllll.jpg

Screen shot taken from Gopro shooting in medium mode at 60fps, edited in Photoshop then Snapseed. Just wanted to add a bit of drama rather than a 'normal' aerial photo. Not a great fan of photoshop lens correction as you don't seem to get something for nothing so tend not to use it. I don't object to the curves as they say 'Gopro'. Any comments are greatfully appreciated!

Screen shot taken from Gopro shooting in medium mode at 60fps, edited in Photoshop then Snapseed. Just wanted to add a bit of drama rather than a 'normal' aerial photo. Not a great fan of photoshop lens correction as you don't seem to get something for nothing so tend not to use it. I don't object to the curves as they say 'Gopro'. Any comments are greatfully appreciated!

I don't think you added 'drama', what was added was noise and distortion but with no artistic reason for it.

This is the original screen shot after contrast boosted and sharpened. Gopros are not bad cameras, they do distort though and suffer from over exposure and poor low light performance. Mine has a slight infinity focus problem but I am reluctant to adjust it with a pair of pliers!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    542.3 KB · Views: 187

Most reactions

Back