Bus Graveyard

treeafodo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I stopped by a bus graveyard the other day. It was really cool to see old city buses that were, one day, replied upon by hundreds of people to carry out their daily lives, now rotting away being taken over by nature. The scene was taken directly out of a horror movie. The wind was howling through all the old vehicle remains, the it was so dark you could barely see 5 feet in front of you, pieces of glass littered the floors of the busses and to top it all off there was a light rain.

I will be going back when the light is better. I will update it when I get more.

Let Us Take a Trip by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Controls by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Thrown Away Like Trash by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

sounds like a good opportunity for some great shots. I don't like these because they are blue and purple and im not sure why you did that.

The sun just set in the garbage truck picture, so that was the color of the sky. The interior of the bus and semi were both a bluey/grey. I tried adjusting the white balance to get less blue, but it took away from the color of the bus.

The sun just set in the garbage truck picture, so that was the color of the sky. The interior of the bus and semi were both a bluey/grey. I tried adjusting the white balance to get less blue, but it took away from the color of the bus.
yep. you need more light. daytime photos.

I like them. The twilight hour lighting makes them cool looking(I know it's not technically the twilight hour). The way I look at them the end of the day goes well with the end of their life type of thinking. To me they should be dark. Personally, I like them as they are and don't know that I would change them unless you should decide to HDR them.

My two cents FWIW

I should've clarified by saying I like the first two. The last one the white balance is definitely off.

Last edited:
1 and 2 are awesome, 3 is pretty cool just a little to much in the sky colour for me

These images demand HDR treatment.

I agree with the above comment: spooky! The third image of the trash truck reminds me of a mechanical dinosaur in its final resting place.

Really digging the first two. Reminds me of something out of an apocalypse type scene.

Now you need to get back out there at night and do some light painting!

Thanks for the compliments as well as the critique. I will definitely be going back and spending a long time there as well. There was so much stuff I didn't get to photograph. I want to make the most of it while it is still there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I see these, this song pops into my head:

Personally, I like the fact that they're dark and have that purple cast over them. Instead of just being photos of junk, it adds a solemn mood over them that makes them feel quite post-apocalyptic. Love it, particularly the first and second shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the blue on the "Controls" photo. I actually Flickr stalked you from your other post and saw that photo before I saw this post.

Most reactions

Back