bus

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
this is the interior of an old 50's style transit bus used in dc. my questions are: is my conversion too dark? (i wanted to emphasize the ceiling lights and highlights from the railings) - although the top rails of the seats appear to be level, the vertical poles tilt to the right...is that bothersome? - does the vertical pole in the left foreground distract from the image? i tried several different ways to shoot this thing and i'm still not satisfied.

technical info:
D70
RAW
Lens: 18mm
1/4 sec - F3.5
ISO 640

27866302-L.jpg

The right half of the photo is a lot more busy... I think that if you get someone sitting over on the right and re-shoot it exactly how you did here it would work perfectly! :thumbup::D

I think the conversion is well done on this one Jon, doesn't seem to dark to me. I see what you are saying about the lines...the part that bothers me is more of the horizontal lines in the back of the bus at the top and bottom of the doorway, that's how you can really tell it's tipping IMO. If you straighten it though then the vertical bars are probably gonna be out of whack, so you have to choose between them I guess.

I like the empty feel you've created here, although the suggestion of a person would be interesting, I think I like this better as is :)

It's a little dark. I'd like a little more detail in the shadows. This is also one of those images that I'd like to see an even split - meaning, if you'd taken a step to the right and shot straight down the aisle, it might be a stronger composition - as long as it's light enough to where you get detail in the door at the end. :thumbup: I love all the shiny poles; the bit of tilt isn't bothering me at all. :D

this is a nice conversion, but the shot doesnt do alot for me :-/ . i wish there was more of a focal point, like some interesting character sitting on the right side. otherwise it just seems like a picture of the inside of a bus.

i do feel that the conversion is a tad too dark. maybe shooting from a lower level if you wanted the lights to be in focus? it seems like the floor is getting alot of attention.

I would like to see some more detail in the shadows... its a bit dark. Nice shoot and I like how you toke it from this vantage point. The movement from the bottom of the photo up to the horizon line then presents the wonder full chrome accenting the lights. You get a feeling of transversing the bus yourself.

As for the poles not being straight.... I think its fine with those leaning verse every chair looking off tilt

i appreciate all of your comments very much!

wow I like it! I like the high contrast and the overall composition, but I don't like the very first pole on the left... it just pops out from the picture :D

Most reactions

Back