Business Card C&C Please

acparsons

Photo Hunter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All,

I would like to get some business cards printed. Below in one side and on the back will be text with my web and an affiliation info. Would like comment on the design of this side. Thanks.

$Business.JPG

A camera! How original!

The font is really bad. Its the equivalent of comic sans to me (unprofessional, no eye for design, visually unappealing)

I would either get on ehance.com and get someone to design a completer brand for you, or just go with less is more. Pick a simple san serif font. go with a plain background.

From a photographers view point. I don't like it. Other than it having a camera, and the word photography, it has nothing to do with photography.

From a designers view point. It feels very "slapped together" and like you just started sticking things everywhere. Then again, I'm a fan of simple clean designs. Not a fan of the font either.

How to fix it, in my opinion. Ditch the background, find a simple camera icon. Center up your font, and work with some color.

Don't take this personal, just giving my input. Just my 2 cents, take it for what its worth.

Thanks for the input. I know I have poor design skills.

Do a 2 sided card if you want an image on it. One side has your information only. Make sure it's clear and easy to read. Second side can have a photo sample.

Although my company is not related to photography, our cards are vintage looking Polaroids.

I agree image on one side, and info on the other. It showcases your work, and keeps you original! Pick your favorite image, or a selection to suite your mood. I really like Moo.com

If you know you're a poor designer why are you determined to design something for yourself? Wouldn't you rather spend that time doing something you ARE good at? There are many affordable business card designs for sale these days - get one of those.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back