Butterflies

xs400

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.xsrider.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I visited the Conservatory of Flowers in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park last weekend. Besides flowers, there is a wonderful butterfly exhibit. Here are some of my better shots of the butterflies. .
Pentax K100D + Pentax-A 50mm f/2.8 macro

butterfly1.jpg

butterfly2.jpg

butterfly3.jpg

butterfly4.jpg

This shot was not cropped
onfinger.jpg

Is the big one an Atlas moth? Those things are huge.
For the pictures, the look pretty good. Dont know what you did with 2 & 3, but it looks like you did a bit too much of the contrast thing, or something like that. Kinda lost detail in the wings

I love #4!!! The colours in the background may seem distracting to some, but I absolutely love it! Great shot! The colours are so vivid!

I love #4!!! The colours in the background may seem distracting to some, but I absolutely love it! Great shot! The colours are so vivid!

Thanks for your comments. You are right, the colors in the background are a little distracting. However, when I was taking the shot of the butterfly on my finger, I wasn't thinking about the background. Next time I'll try to pay more attention to the background

I love your butterfly pics, especially the first one. Well taken! I love butterflies so much I have a complete website dedicated to these flighty creatures. Check out my signature below.

Most reactions

Back