butterflys

alliec

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

Here are some recent shots from a trip to a local butterfly farm, all shot with Canons MPe-65 x1 to x5 macro lens and my 350D. Lit by Canons MT24ex Twin Flash. The last two have some focus stacking to increase the DOF.

Large Version - 1000pix
3161403266_2f164bf14d.jpg

Large Version - 1000pix
3163884913_4235e5a30d.jpg

Large Version - 1000pix
3149571945_55fe5ea3ce.jpg

Wow, thoes are amazing, I've always wanted to try Macro photography.
Although in the last picture, whatever is in the upper right hand corner is kind of a distraction. =)

~Nikki~

Wow...very clear. Not sure I want to see that guy any larger, lol.

OK, I looked - EEK!

I will say that I'm not sure which way is up on the last one, so it's a bit confusing to this butterfly novice.

What do you mean by butterfly farm, though...really, a farm?

Stella - butterfly farms are generally what they they sound like - its a captive breeding centre for butterflies. Generally its a tropical setup or at least artificially warm environment where the butterflies can be breed without problems. They are great places to shoot butterflies and often have very wide varieties of species. Though its not a place to take your tripod to

That's what I was thinking...I had no idea they allowed photographers, though. Great idea. Not to be stupid, but are they all-indoors or are they just kept there with attractive plants? I'm thinking something like a big greenhouse?

I should really go google this, shouldn't I?

some places do - many are setup as a tourist attraction allowing the general public in (which is generally why a tripod is not allowed). They do vary, but in general its all indoors with flowers - often made to look a bit wild - all in a greenhouse setup (some use plastic instead of glass). Many also have reptiles and parrots as well - both liking the artifically warm conditions

I love these photos. To be honest with you i'm not to sure what is what on the last photo.

oh wow, these are great. I think the second pic looks best. How many pics did you make for those stacks? And which program did you use? Im still looking into that stacking stuff, since it looks incredible.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back