Buying a camera from here??

n.hubb22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am going to be upgrading from a D3000 to a D7000 and I've decided now is the time to do so. I know they sell them @ Best Buy, and I can throw it on my best buy credit card and get no interest on it for 18 mo's. I will have it paid off in 6 or less. Just want to give the 'ol credit score a lil boost. I looked online and they only sell them online and they're backordered. Any clue as to why?

I also went to my local national camera exchange store and they have them in stock at the shop.

I'm just curious is there some reason why they'd be out of stock from best buy and not the other store? Or any reason why I shouldn't get it from BB?

If you already know what you want, then Best Buy is fine. The product is the same. the only issue with Best Buy is that the staff's knowledge is hit or miss. But since that's not an issue...

I am going to be upgrading from a D3000 to a D7000 and I've decided now is the time to do so. I know they sell them @ Best Buy, and I can throw it on my best buy credit card and get no interest on it for 18 mo's. I will have it paid off in 6 or less. Just want to give the 'ol credit score a lil boost. I looked online and they only sell them online and they're backordered. Any clue as to why?

I also went to my local national camera exchange store and they have them in stock at the shop.

I'm just curious is there some reason why they'd be out of stock from best buy and not the other store? Or any reason why I shouldn't get it from BB?

I got mine from Best Buy... I believe I got the last one they had in all the stores near me - I got mine right after it came out S: Don't trust the website, check your local store and see if they have it - chances are they do.

I bought my Canon 7D from Best Buy. I bought the warranty, we'l see how it goes. If you plan on getting the warranty, buy it in store. They will almost always give you a discount when buying the camera and their warranty.

I bought my Canon 7D from Best Buy. I bought the warranty, we'l see how it goes. If you plan on getting the warranty, buy it in store. They will almost always give you a discount when buying the camera and their warranty.

Those are some pretty tasty looking blueberries (flickr) :D

Those are some pretty tasty looking blueberries (flickr) :D

Ya weirdo.

:p

Thanks I guess?

n.hubb22 said:
are the warranties even worth getting from BB?

??

Ehh, yeah. I know some D7000s have issues with Back focusing, and as far as I know BB would let you exchange the camera if something goes wrong, or if you break it. The manufacturer's warranty covers most things, the BB one fills in the gaps imo. You cant be too careful with that.

I went to look at a 7D at my locally owned camera store because I wanted to support the little guy. The guy at the counter said he was "the only Nikon guy in the shop," so he didn't know what he was doing. I took that to mean that the old guy sitting on his butt at the computer probably should have jumped up; but he didn't. So I muddled through it trying to figure out the AF options I wanted to test. Then I asked if they offered any warranty beyond the factory warranty - nope. Nothing to sell me on chosing them over Amazon and saving $150 - which I can apply toward the squaretrade warranty, especially considering their total lack of interest in providing good customer service. I say go with whoever offers you more for your money - which may or may not be the people charging less.

Dakkon76, I went through the exact same scenario. I had to run to the City for a meeting and found this little camera store a few blocks away. Now I am a Sony/Minolta Shooter so I am used to being the outcast in a store, but the guys in there acted like it didn't matter if I was in the store our not. Then a local Pro walks in the door and all 3 salespeople go to the end of the counter to help him, and leave 4 or 5 people in the store without service. I was looking at a brand new lens to the the tune of about $500 and they had it in stock on the shelf, and I probably would have bought it, even though I lived 130 miles from them. But I just set it back on the counter and walked out.

Being a small store is great but you better take the extra time to help people if you want to keep them coming back. **rant off**

So I don't feel as guilty buying online or in the discount stores, as long as I get the same product.

Kevin

The stores love selling extended warranties, because they are almost 100% profit.

If you decide to buy an extended warranty, make sure it is transferable if you decide to sell the camera. Many extended warranties are not transferable, and the ones that are generally cost more.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back