Buying a new camera a point and shoot

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys!!

I've had a rough and busy couple of months and haven't been on much.

My neighbor approached me and asked what is a good camera to buy. I told her I would post on here to see what yal say since a lot of you are WAY more expereinced then me and know a LOT about a lot of products.

Merlie is looking for a fairly priced between $100-$200 point and shoot. She wants something that could easily fit in her pocket bc they go on a lot of motorcycle rides and want something small and compact since there is very limited room for packing and bringing things. The one other requirement is a view finder. She can not stand using the LCD screen especially outside because she says she just can't see it.

She does not want anything too advanced with too many features b/c to be point blank she doesn't care lol!!

I was thinking the Canon A1200 or something along those lines or the nikon coolpix series.

What do yal think?

Thanks so much and hope all is well with you all!
Becky

I have a Canon A-series P&S (A590IS, I think) and I've enjoyed using it. No digital camera's menu system is completely intuitive, but the learning curve wasn't that steep. Only problem for me has been battery life; it can go through AA's like a fat kid through a Snickers bar, although battery consumption is obviously better when the flash isn't used and if you use the viewfinder rather than LCD for shooting. I don't know if that's improved with newer models.

That reminds me she was also worried about battery life. Her previous camera was so bad she could take 6-10pics and the thing would die!

Two words: Lithium batteries. They more than quadrupled my Canon's battery life. With Alkaline: 400-ish, Lithium: 2,500+,

Yea I def agree with the lithium batteries. I told Merlie to look into cameras with those batteries

Often as not, Canon seem the best P&S for that price range.

Kodak makes some very nice point and shoot digital camearas in that price range. I just got a Kodak 10mp 3x Optical last December in that price range and it takes wonderful photos. Easy to use, compact, and good price.

Most reactions

Back