What's new

Buying a new lens

mjl4878

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 27, 2011
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Tucson, Az
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm still relatively new to all this. Been doing some projects for my photography class and was trying to get a few shots that my kit lens just wasn't capable of. Was trying to get some animal shots and just couldn't get close enough. Wife told me to pick out a lens and it would be my fathers day present, so here I am trying to decide on something. Was thinking of something that could reach a focal length of say 200mm and not in need of anything horribly expensive at this point. Can probably budget around $200, maybe a little more if I suck up a little :mrgreen:

Used is ok I guess, and it will be for a Nikon 5100 body.
 
The Nikon 55-200 VR is a good inexpensive choice, one more step up would be the 70-300 VR.

Allan
 
55-200mm AF-S VR ED

They sell used on ebay for less then $200.

If you want something longer, the 70-300mm AF ED would be another option, they sell for only around $100 on ebay, but you won't be able to autofocus it with a D5100. The newer version of this lens has AF-S and VR, but cost about three times as much.
 
This was the one I was actually looking at. $200 on amazon right now.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom