BW Couples Portrait

Minhja

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
1) $Aric_Leah_CloseUp_01_BW_Portfolio.jpg 2) $Delano&Erica_Tree03_BW_Portfolio.jpg

Would you be able to check out the 2 BW photos and give me any helpful criticisms (any honest good aspects of the photo and any areas of improvements)

This isn't constructive criticism at all but I just cannot let this go.

The first photo? That girl has FABULOUS eyebrows. Seriously!

Looks like she's having trouble deciding between dudes.

Heitz said:
Looks like she's having trouble deciding between dudes.

???? It's 2 different girls isn't it??

Is it? But then my comment isn't funny. You can see the bind I'm in here.

Look at the eyebrows. It is obviously two different girls ...one has stellar brows!

Can you post the unedited originals?

The only thing I notice is that they are very tightly cropped. I do like the conversion though!
Btw... I also thought they were the same girl :confused: lol good job!

both r moody pix...I also liked the coloured version of enthusiasm.

The girl looks slightly distracted in both of them, which is a little bit of a problem. In the first one, she's into the camera and he's in to her, and in the second one the girl just seems to be spacing out.

Missed focus in the second one, or possibly just softness all around.

First one looks a little oversharpened, the guy's hair looks a little fried.

There's something about the contrast in both of them that's bothering me. The shadows are flat and too big, and then there really isn't much grey, and then we have light tones and whites. It's not a simple "too much wanging on the contrast lever" I don't think, it looks like a deliberate choice made with curves. A choice I don't much like. I would prefer to see a little more in the midtones and somewhat more open shadows.

The dudes are definitely working well in both shots in manner and pose.

Most reactions

Back